8 | Two wrongs & their right

Yusuf sat in his office trying to draft a letter his bosses told him to send but he was tired because he spent the night watching season 2 of Bridgerton with Farouk till 3:00am.

He continuously yawned between each paragraph and a water break and a bathroom break and every other break that helped him keep his eyes open. He even splashed some water on his face but it only made him more sleepy. He was able to send it later but it took a chunk of his energy and now he was being called upstairs for a meeting with some of his bosses.

"Good morning everyone." He greets, sitting down.

"Good morning Mr Mudi." One of them, Dr Silas answered.

A woman cleared her voice and began speaking "The reason we called you here is because we want to send a representative from our branch to the fashion show in Lagos."

Another man he didn't know in a blue suit continued "It's a 24 hours show so you need to be there by 3 latest because it starts 6."

Blue suit interjects with "Your room has been paid for at Eco hotel and suites."

"Ok sir."

It wasn't ok.

He knew packing would be a problem so he decided he'd go and come back with the same clothes.

He shook them each and left to book a flight on his computer for 12:00pm—based on calculations—he'd make it at the time they anticipated if he could leave at least 2 hours before.

A man appears at his desk for assistance on opening an account and he puts him through the process till they do it and the man deposists 5,000 Naira before leaving.

The second person to visit him is a man who was looking for where to collect his credit cart so he directs him to the ground floor where that service was provided.

By the time he's done with his clients he's ready to leave so he calls his mother in his car. "Mama ina wuni." Mama good afternoon.

"Ya aiki?" How is work?

"That was why I called."

"I'm listening."

"I've been sent for Lagos impromptu for a show. I won't be back till tomorrow."

"What kind of job is this?!" She huffs "I don't like this but be safe. Pray before the plane rises into the air."

"I will my dear mummy."

He drops the phone and turns his car on. He drives to the boring jingles on the radio to the airport where he locks his car and heads in with just his blazer, phone and car keys in his pockets.

He's searched at the entrance and check-in and they find the same things. He finds that his flight is to leave in ten minutes so he makes for the plane as he gets his ticket checked.

The sits are wider than the last plane he was in so he wasn't squished in between seats as he was looking for his own. He found his seat by the window beside an obese man who was already asleep and the man kept slapping him throughout the ride.

They finally arrive Lagos and Yusuf is the first to stand up from his seat. He pushes the mans yam-sized limb to keep it on his stomach as he makes his way out of the plane—it wasn't his business to wake anybody up.