20 | Feathers to a hat of troubles

Week one after Hajiya Waleeda left for her mind reset. She's been getting better and the house hasn't really changed except Aamanee and Yusuf's relations. He barely spoke her and he didn't talk much so that's a big deal.

No one notices because, as usual, he didn't join much conversations and they would talk when directly spoken to. About that night? It went far south than Aamanee imagined expected.

Yusuf and Uncle Adeel are about to brawl it out  but Aamanee steps in between them and begins to cry so they have choice but to stop. Yusuf now hates his guts and Aamanee is ashamed he found them in such an embarrassing and incriminating position. She was just happy she didn't engage.

Yusuf isn't angry at her but he's disappointed what he expected came true; she didn't break up with him but night he made sure he split them with a warning. If he ever heard of them together or noticed anything he would tell their parents.

Uncle Adeel was shaken but Aamanee was sick to her stomach. If anything got out she was finished, both at home and at school. Khadija wasn't one to run her mouth but she didn't know about Nana. She hoped she was alike her cousin.

They're eating breakfast when their father enters the dining area and picks up a cup to serve himself some milk in a mug. He adds a sprinkle of the strawberry sweetener and climbs the staircase to sleep.

"Oya, to the car." Yusuf points at the door exhaustedly, "If you have school just go and wait by the car. Don't make call anyone's names individually." He got up, tucking in his shirt and adjusting his belt.

They all stand up to leave and he tells Aamanee and Yusuf to sit back.

"Farouk, I followed her yesterday to a club where her friend was having a party."

Farouk looks at her to explain.

"I swear, I didn't invite him. He just showed with this girl."

"Now do you still think he's worth hiding and getting in trouble for?" Yusuf taps the car key on the glass dining table.

She squeezes her mouth "No."

"First off, Why a club?" Farouk looks at her "Why couldn't she pick a better location like her house or a restaurant?"

"I don't know."

"Advice her, she's your friend dammit!"

"Farouk please don't yell. Daddy is up."

"I told you she wouldn't break up with him."

"Huhh?" Farouk opens his mouth.

"Yes! I caught him kneeling down in front of his niece." Yusuf grimaces "He's lucky I didn't punch him."

"I wouldn't be ashamed to jump him. He's practically like our brother, a thousand years younger than daddy and like five years older than us."

"We'll do it. He should just make the mistake of coming close to her again."

Farouk eyes Aamanee "Listen carefully, you dodged this bullet. But make no mistake, go back to him and mummy and daddy hear everything then you will suffer the consequences of his betrayal and your parents punishment."