Prologue

The year before & Later...

The time with the bomb,
Before the explosion,
After the fire.

What is family? What is blood? What is everything that they've created with the help of Allah? If not a figment of two copulating adult' imagination who foresee a future together and are ready to fight to see to its reality.

As a family, what the Abdullah Mudi's had was less than what they lacked—count the good on your five fingers—but the bad was recorded in categories from the worst to the horrendous a million gigabyte storage space can't keep track of.

Father, mother and sons—three of which are alive—one didn't live to breathe or witness a first day like his siblings but he was still named Auwal and Waleeda would pray sometimes he'd be her tether to Jannah.

The sisters, or rather daughters represented multiple sides of a problem—could be the parents personalities—but there was a cliché bad daughter and the other who was a product of her environment and the other being, the privy princess hidden away to protect herself from the whole family. The runaway provided them a projector with which their secrets were exposed but it was a life—well, their lives—and so, it inevitably became destroyed.

The blood they had was thinner than water. Some was thicker than the other but still, their relationships with one another was dusted to the curb in the closets of their dainty rooms. Streams of exchange and information led to distrust but it was expected. Zayda listened when Dr Chakrandhar advised—against her religion, against her morals—still, she feared they wouldn't open their ears to her findings and just as predicted, the end proved to be dire.

This was a rewind to when everything was almost fine. Just before the smoke. When they couldn't feel the flames consuming them.

"Imad, lets go. What are you still looking for here?"

"That flavor of ice cream you like so much."

Saudat smirked, bending her neck to the side with her hands on her waist "Which one is that?"

"Mint chocolate." He proudly stated, smiling widely at her.

"And?" She sent an eyebrow up questioningly.

He put his right thumb and index finger to his chin, touching his beard as if he was thinking as he hummed "Caramel?"

"You got it!" She cheered, clapping slowly so she didn't disturb the customers in the shop.

"I know you more than I know myself," he chuckled "Stop playing with me."

"Alright, get it lets go." She turned to the counter to wait for him to come and pay.

He bends forward into the fridge, rummaging through the countless tubs he kept finding that weren't what his girlfriend liked when Nadine sauntered into the section where he was.

She quickly runs back and hides behind a wall of stacked drinks and water, watching as her sisters boyfriend slaved for another girl he seemed to be in a relationship with.

"Baby?" She called and he looks up with his hands still deep in the freezer, hurting him a bit.

As if that didn't just spell CHEATER but ok.