58 | Love lost

From frying pan to fire, the Abdullah Mudi family went. More separations, less bonds and connections because they'd lost whom they could count on as parental figures.

Waleeda just stayed in the house and monitored her businesses from there, she didn't care to think of Abdullah or call the prison since the her request was made. She didn't know her children have been visiting him since the first day Klaudia asked. She'd been taking them for sleepovers and taking them to see him because he wasn't granted bail.

The manipulative woman was trying to make them turn on her but now she was tired and couldn't try anything. Everyone has disappeared. Farouk couldn't stay in the house since his holiday so he left to Kano until his final resumption.

She thought back to when she snuck into the court and sat at the back to watch the trial that'd keep her ex husband in prison forever. Out of habit she prayed for him that morning—something she hadn't done in almost five months—for him to actually live long enough but to suffer in the prison until she was able to forgive him.

That was the closest she'd come to pitying him and nothing more could change her mind to empathize more like her children. Nadine flew back today for the first time in thirty years. Waleeda picked her up from the airport with her husband and they spent the whole day together gossiping about Klaudia since they were already caught up on everything in each other's lives.

She even offered to drive Waleeda to the court so she'd use the time before they reached to calm down in the car and loose whatever nerves she had or sympathy. They arrived a minute late but they were just about to commence.

The judge would slam a wooden hammer and greet the whole room with a command.

"All stand," The woman looked around the room with her old, shield protected eyes. You could tell she'd seen a lot in her lifetime. She didn't look like her verdict could jail you but the crowd was sure her wisdom preceded her judgement.

The audience obeyed, rising to their feet in unison and returning to their chairs as she told them to do so. Judge Jummai, as her plaque on the table, identified her as, then opened the court to the days trial.

"Your honour, my client here has been accused of a multiple felonies and they have no evidence to prove it." Kareem Abdulmalik, the lawyer Klaudia hired spoke.

He was famous for winning a total of 200 cases in his illustrious career with accolades counting  up to 50 which led him to be a big catch with a high price.

He'd charged his client less than the usual because he was friends with Bernard. Just when he thought he couldn't do anything to help his brother in-laws case, Kareem appeared on his screen for an interview on Channels TV and here he was today.

"We do have proof." The governments lawyer in charge of Abdullah's prosecution puts forth, looking to Judge Jummai "Your honor, permit me to..."

She interjected without caring for him to finish "Please, do share with us what evidence you have."

He steps forward to drop a file on her table as he begins to read out what's on it from the copy in his hands.

"Mr Abdullah Mudi has been found guilty of racketeering, money laundering and selling weapons to extremists." He clears his throat "There's bank statements showing him receiving payments for the said arguments and messages of him agreeing to meet with these men." He smirks at Kareem, winking "Now tell me why your client should be released from police custody."

"Your honor." Kareem began, adjusting his expensive blazer pompously, certain his next argument would win the case "My client has never involved himself in any illegal activity..."