57 | The end?

Today, was Aamanee's day. All the graces of her bad life became good today. Abdullah ordered her some gifts and clothing items some weeks ago which Klaudia brought to the house for her. Since the arrest, she'd taken up most of Waleeda's motherly duties which made her hate the woman more.

Her room was destroyed to all ends with wrappers and shredded boxes. Klaudia brought three different dresses she could wear for today and prom which was the next day; one from her and two from Abdullah.

Aamanee chose a silk, purple straight gown with the longest sleeves that came with feathers at the wrists, giving the plain dress an elegant finish. Her corset almost made her throw up but she had the most fun with Klaudia dressing her up while her mother grew more upset with each moment the woman spent in the house.

The radio boomed with another of Klaudia's infamous favorites from a Maher Zain. Aamanee has even began to learn the lyrics over the short time she's been around the woman. Her stepsisters were off at work so they couldn't be here to make this more fun.

"How would you like your hair?" Klaudia asked, holding one side of Aamanee's hair in her hand and a comb in the other whilst looking at her through the mirror before them "Straight? Curly? Ponytail? Braided? I even have attachments if you want those funny looking braids that are only two but plaited with attachment to make it really long."

Aamanee turned away from the table of the mirror with half her body and looked up at her stepmother "Calm down Klaudia." She chuckled nervously "I don't really want any of those—maybe the ponytail—I want it low so I can pack my hair and put the veil over it well."

Klaudia huffed and looked at her head defeatedly "Alright, But I would've preferred your hair curly. It'd have been perfect. Just know I'm going to take care of your baby hairs too."

"Anything you want Aunty K."

She stopped, raising her eyes to Aamanee in the mirror "There's no need to call me Aunty. K is enough or Klaudia."

"Ok, K." She joked, getting a small tap on her head from her stepmother.

"You're such a child."

"No," Aamanee scrunched up her face and folding her arms "I'm not. I can count how long I have to be eighteen on my five fingers."

"Not if you have five fingers."

"I'm seventeen."

"I don't believe that." Klaudia laughs, covering her mouth.

"Ok," she frowns "Are we done?"

"I'm joking Manee."

"Ok."

She uses a ribbon around one half of her hair and begins to brush her hair back. Aamanee puts on her earpiece and begins to listen to some music while playing a game.

Klaudia repeats the same thing on the next side before knotting the bunch into a low bun. She carries a pearl lined head band and puts it on her head but Aamanee doesn't want to go out without a veil so she drops the phone on the mirrors table and chooses a silver veil that she puts the head band on.

"Beauty!"

"And everything else more." Aamanee hugs her "Thank you."

"I'll never pass an opportunity to dazzle you up my dear."

Klaudia leaves her to herself to tidy up before joining her downstairs to leave to the graduation hall. Aamanee was so excited she forgot to charge her phone. Her entire body shook with so much excitement she couldn't sleep the previous night.

She plugged it to the outlet for a short while as she picked up the boxes and cartons she'd left on the floor, fixed her bed and vacuumed.

Outside her door was Waleeda waiting to see if Klaudia could really do a good job on her daughters face. Deep down she was there because she wanted to enter the room since before they started dressing up so she could help but she knew Aamanee would have an issue with it.