Chapter 15: Spider Assault

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Vergil pov*

Waking up from my nap i get up from my spot looking over the area, the sun slowly setting over the horizon.

In the camp the fire I had made is smouldering and fading to Ash, the gaggle of children I've somehow acquired being dotted around the area, Tanjiro is preparing for the battle next to the fire examining his sword, Inosuke is growling and pacing around camp, nezuko is still in her box and the yellow one is crying in a corner.

Shaking my head i stand up picking up the yamato and gaining their attention.

Tanjiro:Good morning sensei!

Nodding to him I approach the campfire everyone now crowding around me.

Vergil:Does everyone remember the plan?

Gang:YES SIR!

Vergil:Good explain it back to me.

Seeing the group shuffle I grit my teeth, suddenly hitting them all round the back of the head i sit down.

Vergil:Fine! Sit down now!

Doing so I re explain the plan.

Vergil:You will split up, each taking down a different member of the spider family.

Pointing to the yellow one I Continue.

Y/n:You will take the pond spider. While Tanjiro and Inosuke take on the forest demon.

Tanjiro:What about the main demon?

Vergil:Depending in what shape you're all in I will help.

Getting up I usher them all away.

Vergil:Now prepare yourselves, we'll leave when I've finished the preparations for our guest.

Tanjiro:Oh!? The one who told you about the demons?

Vergil:Mhm.

Starting to make the preparations I gather large sticks and leaves, creating a large tent from the sticks I make walls from a mixture of leaves and mud making sure no light can get through.

Finishing up I see that the sun has fully set over the horizon, it's time for our attack.

Vergil:Come on kids.

Kids:YES SIR!

Walking off towards the mountain the kids follow along with their guards up, quickly finding ourself at the pond I push the yellow one out of our group the boy shivering and quaking in his boots.

Yellow one:WAIT- I can't do this on my own.

Vergil:Don't worry you can do it, tetsu.

Yellow one:Its zenitsu!

Vergil:I don't care.

Walking off quickly through the dark woods, the webs and spider silk getting increasingly dense and frequent as we approach the river.
Picging the last two kids in front of me I speak to them.

Vergil:Okay you two can take this one, be careful Tanjiro, Inosuke.

Tanjiro:Yes sir!

Inosuke:fine, shitty old man.

Bursting a vein in my face I grit my teeth hitting him over the head.

Inosuke:OW!

Vergil:I'm not old!

Shaking my head I follow the river up, the trip wires and web traps being significantly fewer than last time, it seems Jorōgumo has made it easier for me. Sudennly breaking out into a sprint I leap to the tree tops making my time significantly easier.