Coolest Truck On The Station...

Hermann was pretty impressed with Kidd's bartender skills. Having heard her boast about her prowess back in Milwaukee, he had recruited her for shifts at Molly's. She was a natural with the customers and could handle herself with anyone who stepped over the line which sometimes happened. Even her experimental cocktails which he really wasn't sure about at first had grown on him, particularly because of her persuasive selling skills.

Stella poured her new concoction aptly called 'long hard night' into tall glasses and pushed them towards two Chicago med junior doctors and waited for their assessment, high fiving them when they raised their thumbs up.

"Can I take one of those too?"

Stella turned to face the newcomer.

"Tyler?!!" Her shriek a mixture of surprise and delight grabbed everyone's attention.

"Hey Stella." A tall handsome black man wearing a huge smile stood in front of Stella.

"Oh my god, Tyler!" Her face split into a huge grin. Rushing around the side of the bar she launched herself at the man, who picked her up and swung her around in a bear hug. "What are you doing here?!" She squealed in delight.

Kelly was sitting at a table with Casey and Brett. He couldnt help but take in the affectionate familiarity between Stella and the stranger and a possessive irritation crept up and jabbed at him which even he would have admitted was a little irrational had he stopped to think about it.

Stella's friend was gazing down at her indulgently.

"I'm in Chicago for work for two days. Arrived this afternoon. Hunted down your firestation 51 and they told me this is where I would find you."

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?!" Stella dropped her hands to her hips. "I would have changed my shift tonight!"

"Well it wouldn't have been a surprise then Stella Kidd!"

They both laughed , still with arms around each other. Stella turned to face the bar full of people, mostly from 51.

" Let me introduce you to everyone. Everyone! This is my best friend from high School, Tyler. He is the main reason I made it out alive!" Stella gazed up at Tyler fondly who gave her another hug.

Hermann leant over the bar and shook Tyler's hand.

"Any friend of Kidd's is a friend of 51."

"Thanks man." Tyler acknowledged the greeting.

Casey lifted his hand in salute, Kelly did nothing and Brett slid off her stool to go and say hello. But as she did she stopped by Severide and said to him in a low voice.

"Kelly I know you're going to tell me that you don't care but if you dont take that scowl of your face, every person in Molly's is going to know how much you really do care."

Kelly opened his mouth to refute her statement but meeting her unwavering regard he changed his mind and nodded instead. Brett and Severide had never really hung out but since Brett had started spending time at the loft with Casey, Kelly had grown a lot closer to the PIC and in particular had become to value her quiet insightfulness. Casey assessed him silently but said nothing. Think a cigar chat was overdue.

Tyler sat down at the bar, Cruz, Gallo and Ritter huddled around him to listen to stories and look at photos he was promising to share of Stella's misspent youth.