Skeletons In Our Closets..

Maybe it was the way fate decreed but Kelly's spleen injury served as a pretty effective distraction from the forthcoming trial for Stella.
The rupture in his spleen had been repaired with incisions into his abdomen rather than open surgery and then sutures for the tear. This meant the downtime was a little less than for a spleen removal but home rest was still mandatory so Stella had temporarily moved in with him and Casey with Brett to make sure that he did as prescribed. Which she should have known was easier said than done with a habitual workaholic like Kelly. She had been granted furlough to nurse him which depending on what mood he was in he either took full advantage of because he loved having her there and frequently tried to convince her that they needed to make sure all of him was in full working order or tried to sweet talk her into telling Boden that he was more recovered than he actually was.

"I can't believe you're still planning on sleeping in here." Kelly was leaning against Casey's room doorjamb, a petulant frown on his face.

Stella put her kindle down and leant back against the headboard to give him her full attention. Dressed in his recuperating uniform of T shirt and sweats he was restless, bored and cranky and right now he was repeating his nightly routine of trying to persuade her that she should be sharing his bed and not be sleeping in Casey's room. But Stella was equally determined that after only eight days since his operation, she was not going to risk accidentally knocking him whilst she was asleep and more to the point she didn't trust him or her own resolve against their respective libidoes and Kelly wasnt beyond playing dirty.

"Are you always so needy?" Stella raised her brows at him trying not to laugh.

"Only with you." The smirk was practiced and she rolled her eyes with exaggeration and then immediately alarmed when he came and got in the bed next to her.

"What are you doing?!" Stella shifted hastily to the other side of the bed.

"I'm sleeping in here......with you." He pulled off his T and got under the sheets.
He was still moving gingerly which reinforced Stella's assessment about his vulnerability.

"Kelly! You're behaving like a spoilt child!"

He had settled onto the pillows and turned towards her. "I know. "

"I might accidently hurt you during the night..." Stella found herself wavering against her will.

"You hurt me every night you sleep in here." He took curly tendrils of her hair and wrapped them around his finger as if mesmerised by it. "I love your hair. Have I ever told you that?"

She fell into cornflower blue eyes which seemed to know exactly how to seduce her. Stella sat back on her pillows with a helpless sigh. This was a battle she knew she wasn't going to win tonight.

"Kelly, you know you're not helping things....."

"So stop fighting me. Its been weeks since we..."

Stella sighed reaching out to cup his face. "Babe you know we can't have sex. And it hasn't been weeks!"

It had actually been ten days. She knew that because she was counting down the days herself and she was bloody horny, but she wasnt going to tell him that!

"Will said no extertion and plenty of rest. You gotta let your insides and your wound heal." She reminded assertively.

Kelly turned his lips into her hand, grazing the skin with his teeth.

"I'll be careful. I promise." One of his hands was running up and down her bare thigh.

This was exactly why she avoided being in the same bed with him she was thinking. He had the ability to charm the birds out of the trees. The stroke of his hand on her bare skin was sending all kinds of wild and heated messages through her and right now she could happily climb on top of him and fuck his brains out but one of them needed some restraint.
Taking his hand she determinedly moved it away from her thigh, ignoring his loud 'tut.'