Chapter 23

PORTIA'S POV

We are here at Bistro a bar with live bands I noticed Athena drinking one after the other. She looks like she's thinking deeply. I think something troubles her.

A while ago when she left Erbil something happened to her again. luckily she escaped. At maliit na cut lang sa braso ang natamo niya.

She changed a lot, but in a good way. She is happier now than when she was locked in her room. Lately, she has been trying to overcome her phobia, every night she is in the basement with the light off. At first, Polly and I stayed with her in case she had trouble breathing, but these past few days, she can do it on her own, she can even sleep with the lights off in her room.

I looked at Han, Polly, and Lian they are in front of the band. They are jumping while looking after the band singing. While Athena and I sitting here at our table.

"Athena, I know you have a problem," I said while looking at her. Halata na may bumabagabag sa Kanya. Siguro dahil sa pag ambush sa Kanya kanina.

She took a deep breath bago magsalita "Lord Cairo wants me to engage with someone" sabay inum sa baso niya.

"Oh? Pwede ka naman Hindi pumirma" Sabi ko sa Kanya bago tunggain ang baso ko.

"Yeah, I declined immediately earlier." She said while staring at her glass "But I know it's not the last time he will pursue me about this"

I didn't speak, I just listened to what she was saying
She has been through a lot, so I hope her family will let her go. Hays

"I don't know who they are thinking of to be engaged to me because the contract given to me does not have a name yet. Kilala mo sila Portia, iba sila maglaro, one of these days, one of us will be in danger until they get my signature," she said habang tinatanaw ng tingin sila Polly sa harap.

"We can protect ourselves, Athena, don't worry too much," I said as I tap her shoulder

"Should I sign instead Porch?" She asked me like asking for an opinion. "I just want all of you to be safe" she added sadly

"No, don't you dare Athena. Yes, we are safe, but in return, you are locked up in something you don't want." I said while hugging her. "Maglalagpasan din natin to' we will find a way"

" Lord Cairo and I didn't have a good conversation because I didn't like the engagement contract. The Rodello Family is falling. I don't know what to do Portia, we just want to be free, and stay away from them, why is it so hard?" she said teary-eyed.

"what did we miss here? why is there a hug going on?" Lian said as she walked towards our table with Polly and Han.

Athena stared at me saying don't tell them looked
"I was just comforting Athena because she had not yet moved on when master Ezekiel refused to take her first kiss," I said giggle

"Oh my! Let me tell my brother to get your first kiss instead," she said grinning

We all burst into laughter.

"Nah' I'm good, let's just get wasted tonight," she said as she raised her glass for cheers.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

*Legacy Headquarters*

"Jaycee, let me have Lady Athena's number, I just want to know how can she do that 5 minutes trick earlier," Young Master Nico said.