Chapter 16 part 5

Chapter 16 pt5

Entries

12/13/06

There hasn’t really been a lot going on there. I’ve only been able to go over a couple times since the last time I saw her and I wasn’t even going to go last night but I am so glad I did. It was by far my best night there.

The night started off like most of the others I went there around nightfall and like usual I went to the room with the wardrobe and just walked around it. After about an hour of nothing happening I decided to venture around the rest of the house. When I turned to leave the room there she was in the door way. I didn’t even have time to speak and she was gone. She didn’t disappear as usual though she ran off. I went after her but when I got out into the hall and looked she was gone completely so I walked in the direction she went. There was a small room at the end of the hall one I hadn’t spent a lot of time in it was on the opposite side of the hidden room which is where I spent a lot of my time while I was there.

I remember peeking in but not really taking in the room. There were drawings all around the bottom of the room like it was a child’s room. They were faded but with the flashlight shined on them you could see them. There was one of an elephant under a large tree and a few of tigers (that’s what I saw anyways) chasing a zebra. They had to be a child’s drawings only explanation. I’m not sure when they were done but they look old. Makes me wonder who lived there at one point I’ve spent all this time focusing on just communicating and it never occurred to me to look into the history of the house to maybe find some answers. As opened the door and stepped into the room there she was in the middle staring at some of the drawings that weren’t visible from the doorway.

Her name is Emily. I finally know her name. She asked me why I was here and what I wanted. “You” I told her. “To talk to you.” She wanted to know why and I didn’t have a great answer for her. She has been stuck in my head since I saw her that night which she said she remembers. She asked about the friend I was with, asked why he wasn’t with me. I told her that he didn’t want to have anything to do with this place. “Most people don’t and neither should you.” she told me. I asked her why but she didn’t answer me. I asked if it was because of “Him”. I asked who he was but she didn’t speak anymore. She stood there staring at one of the little drawings on the wall and then a few second later she was gone. I looked at the drawing but I couldn’t make it out. I didn’t stay there long though.

I actually spoke to her this time. She answered too which is the more exciting part. I even know her name now. Just her first name so I still have a lot of things to ask and find out but it’s going to take some time. Time I am more than willing to put in. That wasn’t the end of it though. As I was making my way out of the house (figured that was all I was going to get) she appeared again downstairs this time near the entry room of the house. She told me that I should stop coming over, that it won’t be good for either of us if I didn’t. I’m not sure what she means I’m sure it has to do with “Him” though. She vanished again right after that. I’m not going to stop, don’t think I could if I wanted to. I have this urge to see her again to get to know her. I can’t quite explain it. I am going to ask around and see what I can find out about whom all has lived there in the past and see if there have been any kids who have passed away while living there. Maybe she’s a grieving mother unable to pass on.

I talked to Mike in school today I started to tell him about what had happened and he shut me down. Told me I’ve been watching too many scary movies and I’m getting obsessed then hurried off to his next class. I get not wanting to come with me if that’s not your thing but he has been acting weird around me lately and I just don’t get it. I’ll see if he wants to hang out this weekend and maybe I can find out what’s going on.

Update

Looked into previous owners of the house and from what I’ve heard and seen, no family with children has ever lived there nor has any child ever died there. This isn’t documented stuff just some stuff I found out at the historical society. Apparently the house is on one of those list to be restored because it is so old so it’s hard to say exactly what all has happened in it. I’m looking at a few other avenues to find out more about its history.