Chapter 16 part 7

Chapter 16 pt7

Entries

04/11/07

After my last experience in the old house I decided no more. I still don’t know why he stopped when he did, if it was just a warning or if Emily did have something to do with it. I wanted to go back but decided that it was just too risky. I realize that I’m a dead man walking anyways but I’m not ready to go yet there are still things I want to accomplish before that time comes. I try to avoid the house at all lately it’s actually a lot harder than I originally thought it would be to not go over. It wasn’t until two days ago that I walked by it for the first time since the incident. I walked by and when I looked up at one of the upper windows I saw her. My heart dropped straight to my feet and I knew then and there that I couldn’t stay away so against my better judgment I decided to go back last night. I stayed away from the hidden room area completely I didn’t even go into the room with the wardrobe, this time I went straight for the little room with the drawings.

It wasn’t long before she showed up either. She asked if I was ok and it turns out she did have something to do with me still being alive. I didn’t ask much about the man I didn’t want to scare her off so I asked questions about her. We talked for at least two hours, I asked questions about her and she asked them about me. Turns out she has been just as curious about me as I have been about her. She said she watched me night after night as I walked around the house and when I asked her why she didn’t show herself. “I didn’t know what you wanted. There are ways to hurt our kind.” she said. I know her name is Amelia Craft she started to go by Emily when her little sister couldn’t pronounce Amelia. I didn’t dare ask how she died or about a child that stuff is hers and if she decides one day to share it’s her choice. (Though according to the research I’ve managed to do no child has ever passed there though) I asked about her family after she brought up her little sister. She had a little sister and an older brother didn’t get into details about them. It being our first time to really talk to each other I wasn’t pushing things. She asked about me and my family, and about my friends. I told her about school and my friendship with Mike and how it felt like it was slowly fading. She was easy to talk to like we had known each other for years. As much as I tried avoiding the topic of “him” I did ask if she was ok and if my coming by would put her in danger. “It’ll be fine.” she assured me. I’m not so sure I believe her though. I don’t know if I could do anything to help her even if she told me anything other than that anyways. “Just stay away from the room, that’s his room and the outskirts of the house were safer so we should stick to them.” she said. After she said that I’m pretty sure I lit up like an idiot because with the last few words I knew she wanted me to come back. I really hope she couldn’t see my face well in the darkness of the room because I’m sure I was blushing like an idiot. I guess it’s just surprising that someone so interesting would want me to come back.

It was at that point that she told me she had to go and how it takes a lot of energy to stay in the physical realm. Question after question filled my head at that point and when I told her, she let me know we could talk about it all later. She vanished a few seconds after that. I stayed there for a few minutes then left myself. I’m not sure anyone would believe me if I told them about it I know Mike wouldn’t. Maybe I can get him to come along so he can see for himself.

Here is a little info I found out about who I think “He” is. After lots of digging I found out that a man by the name of Warren Montgomery lived there. He was a very wealthy business man and was almost single handedly responsible for this town booming and becoming as big as it is. He actually had the house built to his design and there apparently were only ever two people who ever saw the completed blueprints. The house was constructed section by section and he even went as far as having one crew build a certain section and then he’d bring in a new one for the next and he did this till it was complete. He was very eccentric and was known to be a drunk and a womanizer. There were other rumors but nothing to back them one was he was part of some kind of cult or secret organization. It’s hard to say but the way he built the house yells hidden room for sure. I have to admit I want to know what’s in there but I told Emily I’d stick to the outskirts of the house so that’s what I’m going to do.

I’m not sure when I’ll be going back over soon for sure. I never got to ask if she can absorb power from around her to use to make it easier to stay longer. If she can then the power box I bought will come in handy. I think I will take it over next time regardless. That and the heater it gets cold in there and even though she makes me feel all warm on the inside I get very cold on the outside.