Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Setup at the Old House

Mike was the last one out of bed the next morning. The last few nights and lack of solid sleep had taken a toll on him. When he made it down stairs everyone including his sister Janet were sitting around the table laughing and having breakfast. There were platters of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, and some fruit.

“Nice spread.” Mike said as he took the empty seat next to Jen. “I’m still kinda full from dinner.”

Mrs. Lachey smiled as she handed him a plate. “Well big day ahead of you all so wanted you to have a nice breakfast so you get some energy.”

“Why are you being so enthusiastic about this?” Mike said as he spooned some eggs onto his plate. “Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool of you but just odd…”

“Well if it helps keep your mind off of everything then I am all for it.”

“Makes sense.” Mike said as he finished filling his plate with food. “I was just curious.”

“I’ve been listening to you plans.” Janet said “They have been saying that house has been haunted since before I was born and I think it’s silly to be honest.”

“Yeah we’re just looking to have some fun and see what happens.” Mike responded. “When we catch crazy stuff on camera and get rich and famous you’ll be feeling awfully silly yourself.”

“Whatever you say big brother.” Janet smiled and stood up. “I am off to work have fun children.” She laughed and walked off through the front door.

Mike laughed as he poured himself a glass of juice.

“So when you’re done eating we are going to head over and unpack everything.” Jen said as mike began to eat his food. “Want to show Trace around before we actually set everything up.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Mike responded between bites.

“Are you going to want more?” Mr. Lachey asked Mike as he stood up. “If not I’m going to start clearing the table.”

Mike shook his head and his father grabbed a few plates and walked them out to the kitchen. Mrs. Lachey followed suit and began to empty the table off. By the time Mike was done eating the table was cleared and the extra food was put away.

“We are going to go get ready.” Jen said as her and Tracy both stood up from the table. “We’ll meet you outside going to pull the car out too.”

“I’m wearing this so I’ll pull the car out.”

“Ok sounds like a plan.” Jen kissed Mike on the cheek and her and Tracy walked down the hall and disappeared up the stairs.

Mike stood up and took his plate out to the kitchen then grabbed his keys and walked out to the garage. By the time he opened the garage door and pulled the car out Jen and Tracy was standing out in the driveway ready to climb in the car. He stopped the car and they climbed in.

“I am so excited.” Jen said “This is going to be so much fun.”

Tracy nodded. “I think it’s going to be exciting.”

“I hope you two are right. I hope it’s fun and exciting and not dangerous and horrifying.”

A silence took over the car and the smile that adorned Jen’s face went away. She no doubt was remembering what had happened the last time they were in the house. “I was trying not to think about that.” Jen said to Mike as he pulled into the drive at Wes’s house.