Prologue

Prologue

We met by complete chance me being in the right place at the right time I suppose. The moment I saw her I knew she was special, one of a kind. I also knew that our paths would be intertwined I just wasn’t exactly sure how. I can honestly say that I had never seen anyone like her in my entire twenty-two years of life, and I was sure I never would either.

We had met years ago on Halloween night. There was a huge party at an old abandoned house in my town. I was only fifteen when we met. It wasn’t till later on that we became close. It took me a long time to get her to warm up to me, I was persistent though. I just couldn’t get her out of my mind once I saw her. It actually took me a few weeks before I got up the courage to go find her and try to talk to her though.

There were a lot who didn’t understand my obsession and even more who dismissed me when I told them about her. Even my friends weren’t all that understanding. My best friend Mike was the only one who went and met her with me but he thought I was crazy.

My best friend for nearly all my life eventually was gone. I saw him a few times and then he just stopped coming around. He just couldn’t understand no matter how many times I tried to explain it to him. I even tried to have her talk to him but he never agreed to come back. I tried to stay friends with him. I’d call and text, send an email or two but he stopped answering.

Losing Mike as a friend was upsetting, one of the worst things I had to deal with since I’ve met her. She was there for me when no one else was she listened when no one else would, cared when it seemed that no other soul would. It was then that I knew I was in love with her. It was at that moment that I knew I was in love with a ghost and that I had to be with her no matter the cost.

That is why I made my decision to do what I did. It was for no other reason than to be with the one I love. It wasn’t because of my family or any other aspect of my life. It was solely to be with my love. I assure you that I am happy and in a good place. I’ll miss you but don’t be sad for me this was my choice and who knows maybe you’ll see me around.