Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Back Home

“Is that the house?” Tracy asked as they drove by Wes’s old house.

“Sure is.” Mike said from the backseat as he was stretching his neck so he could see it out of the window.

“It’s absolutely gorgeous.” Tracy had slowed the car down to a crawl as they began to drive by it.

“Stop and look at it.” Jen said as she out her seat back up into a sitting position. “It’s dark but with the streetlights you should be able to at least look around the outside.”

Tracy brought the car to a halt. “Are you coming?” She asked as she turned to face Jen. “Just want a peak around it so don’t have to come if you don’t want to.”

“You sure?”

“Yep, I’ll be fine. I’ll only be a minute.” Tracy climbed out of the car and began walking up towards the house.

“Did you tell my parents about what all you plan on doing while we are here?” Mike asked Jen as he watched Tracy walking around the house. “I mean do they know we are going to be spending time at Wes’s?”

“Actually I did.” She smiled as she turned back to face him. “To a certain degree anyways, I told them that Tracy and Grant are in a paranormal club and they had to do an investigation. Told them that it’s like a final report for them, which is true actually but I didn’t tell them about Wes, Em, and Him. Told them I thought it would help you take your mind off of things too.”

“Em?” Mike gave her a questionable look. “I didn’t realize you two were so close.” He started thinking about the talk he and Tracy had the night before the game. Just how close are they? He thought to himself.

“Well I feel close to her for some reason. I think it’s a woman thing.” She paused and turned to look out the window trying to locate Tracy. “I can relate to her I guess is the thing.”

“I see.” Actually I don’t see… I hadn’t put much thought into what Trace had said with everything going on but now… Mike began to worry again about the idea of a ghost attaching itself to Jen or even more so a demon attaching itself to her. “What did mom and dad say?” he asked trying not to let Jen know he was worried about her. I need to ask Trace about this and see what she has to say about it he thought.

“Your mother loved it. Did you know she watches those kinds of shows? She said something about wanting to visit a prison in Mansfield, Ohio. Your dad thought it was pretty dumb though, said if it keeps you busy then whatever floats our boats.” Jen turned to look out the window and saw Tracy making her way back to the car. “Here she comes.”

Tracy opened the door and climbed in the car. “So beautiful.” She turned to face Jen. “Which way now?”

“Just down the street and take a left second house on the right.” Mike spoke up from the backseat. “Can’t miss it.”

Tracy put the car in gear and began to drive and a minute later they were pulling into Mike’s parent’s driveway.

“Hang on a sec. I’ll see if anything is in the garage it doesn’t look like it but I’ll make sure. That way we won’t have to unpack everything since it locks.”

“Good idea.” Jen said. “Hate to have to unpack the car then pack it all back up tomorrow.”

Mike climbed out of the car and disappeared into the house. Jen and Tracy sat in silence while he was gone. A few minutes later a loud noise started to come from the garage and the door began to rise revealing Mike inches at a time. When the door was up he waved them in and Tracy slowly pulled into the garage.