Chapter 12

KYSLER WILSON

The wind blows exaggeratedly, sending goosebumps all over my skin when I remove the upper top of the boiler suit and tied both ends on my waist, living me on my black sando.

I cocked my head sideways, loosening all tightness on my muscles after three hours of working on the car's electrical component and repairing the inflated tires that had run over a nail.

The sound of my bone cracking relieves tension in both my back and arms as I continue to stretch.

Working as a mechanic was not easy. Only if this does not relieve my stress will I be sitting all day and night on my company's chair rather than working on the cars and their broken parts.

I heave a light breath.

I examine myself in the mirror affixed to the wall of my auto repair shop. Stubbles were already growing on my chin, which I didn't notice because I was so preoccupied with my shop. I haven't been home in Ontario, and I prefer to spend my nights here since it is more convenient.  My company is also based in the city, but I've already asked someone to cover my busy schedule while I'm away in the Philippines for a week.

I've been wanting to return home ever since Skyler and I reconciled. We've been communicating for almost two months now, and I can't put into words the feelings I'm experiencing now that we're growing fond of one another, despite the fact that we started as nothing but enemies ever since.

We were siblings, twins, but we were always fighting and cursing each other. That can't help in my part because I don't like sharing and I hate it when I'm denied my urges and he has them. I grew up selfish and possessive of things, which could explain why we never liked each other and couldn't be in the same confinement. Sure, we'll end up punching and strangling each other around the neck. That's how I remember us despising the thought of being brothers.

I was twenty years old when I left my family after that big fight with him. I just don’t think we could live seeing each other after what happened.  I knew he was thinking the same thing at the time, so I did my part and flew to London. I studied here, work on my names and build my businesses to prove my worth. I had a new life, including one I had never imagined.

And it's now been four years since everything happened. I swallowed my pride and reached out to Skyler in order to make our brotherly relationship work. This is something I'm doing for my parents, partly because I know deep down that I wanted Skyler and I to be good, but mostly because I want to protect my family after everything I've learned about him.

My nostrils were lit up by the grease on my hand and the smell of crude oil. I look around the shop, but all I see are the cars on the hydraulic lifts and my employees working hard. The roaring engines inside the auto repair shop were even therapeutic. It sounded like music to my ears.

"Liam, I'm going upstairs to rest now. Ask the other to take their lunch and leave their work for a while," I told my staff, tapping him on the shoulder. He only smiled and nodded before I turned around and walked up the stairs.

The shop is only two stories tall, and the second floor contained my office, a bar and kitchen, and a gym. It wasn't very accommodating, but it will suffice.

I just got out of the shower and heated my foods before sitting in my swivel chair and turning on my computer. I called Skyler, and he didn't take long to respond.

His image appeared on my screen. He wears glasses and has a frown on his brow as he works on his laptop. My tab was probably minimized so he could continue working.  I laugh mentally when I saw his exhausted expression.