its a love story

- taylors pov - 

«Be careful» I yell after Joe who is holding onto the back of Lillys bike helping her keep steady as she is practicing in Central Park. Both of them have decided that she is going to learn to ride without the training wheels, which is driving me nuts. What if she falls and break a bone or smash her head into the road? She is wearing a helmet, and other protective things for her knees and elbows, but I'm still worried. 

«Relax mommy» Lilly giggles as I get closer, she is taking this with ease, I'm just a nervous wreck when it comes to her. 

It's a beautiful day in May so we are taking advantage of the good weather to continue practicing riding her bike. She is getting the hang of it, I know that, but she still needs a little help keeping steady. 

«Yeah, relax mommy» Joe adds in a mocking tone, and I glare daggers at him. «If someone doesnt behave he will sleep on the couch» I whisper to him making him give me puppy eyes. He is such a child, but I love ever side of him. I love the serious businessman, the loving husband, the inner man child and the role model he is to Lilly. 

Loving him is scary, it terrifies me to the level that I don't know what to do with myself. I'm trying this whole love and secure relationship situation, but that doesnt mean it's easy. I've gone the step to tell him that I love him about a month ago, but it's still hard to let those three words out of my mouth. He is being patient, but I'm scared that it is too much work for him. I'm a lot of work, there is no question about that. 

It's been a few months since I was kidnapped and since I was rescued after three weeks, late February. But it still lingers in my mind like a tattoo that's permanently engraved. The nightmares are still haunting me along with the glorious night sweats and waking up screaming. Joe is being caring about it all, holding me close and letting me cry, but it also means he doesnt get much sleep either. I just wish it would be easier by now. 

I jump when I feel a hand on my arm taking me out of my head «love are you okay?» Joe whispers so Lilly doesnt hear. «Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking» I brush it off. I know I should lean on him; I just don't know how to do it. Falling in love is one thing, how to act when you are is a whole new ballgame. 

«Mommy look at me» Lilly yells as she rides along the sidewalk in my favorite park. «I'm looking sweetie. You're doing so good» I encourage her. She is so proud and excited to learn to ride a bike, and Joe is a big help. I don't think I would be able to teach her like Joe is because I would be way to scared, she would get hurt. Of course Joe doesnt want her to get hurt either, but he is a bit more adventurous than me. 

Looking around I take in the beauty that is Central Park. Every season bring out something new with the park that I love to look at. Fall is probably my favorite because of all the pretty colors and the fact that I can sip a pumpkin spice latte while I walk, but spring is beautiful too. When the season turns to spring, and the closer we get to summer, the park fills with more people than the cold winter months. Families bring picnics to eat and play in the fields, students chose to study outside instead of in stuffy libraries and couples go on dates. There is always something to do here and something new to see. Watching people embrace the beauty that is this park always make me happy. 

When I was younger, I also loved to visit the sites where famous tv series or movies had filmed here. Like the fountain where they made the intro to friends, or the place where chuck and Blair from gossip girl got married quickly so Blair didn't need to testify against chuck for his father's death. Yes, I happen to love gossip girl, but I don't like the new version though. I prefer the old-school version with Blake lively and Leighton Meester.