Chapter 24

3rd person's POV

"Kacchan! Kacchan look- there's jelly on the ground!" Izuku exclaims walking over to the ground filled with jelly like structures, he finds a huge one a plops on it, bouncing with it.

There were different colours too, a pale red, lavender, sky blue, apple green and rarely even beige.

"Why do jellys look so aesthetically pleasing?" Izuku whines rolling over and inviting Katsuki to sit next to him.

Just as Katsuki brushes him off and walks away, Izuku feels a buzz, from their group chat, which they unfortunately had to form and for the past 4 hours, Todoroki and Alice have been constantly flirting even though they are right next to each other.

Kaminari:
If Bakugo's sweat contains nitroglycerin which is explosive, it can also be used as a fuel right?

Shinso:
Probably why?

Kaminari:
Then why not hook him up to a machine in a hot room and collect his sweat

Alice:
Scientifically speaking, it does make sense

Kirishima:
I know right, by now Bakugo should've been able to sweat enough to fill the fuel tanks right?

Todoroki:
Y'all are dumb

Izuku:
He can't sweat gallons of nitroglycerin Kaminari, nitroglycerin is just a part of his sweat

Kirishima:
Then why not hook him up to a machine which can segregate nitroglycerin from his sweat? 

Katsuki:
Stop talking about hooking me up to a machine! It's fucking weird

A huge amount of messages immediately flood it, purposefully ignoring Katsuki's message and talking about putting him in a machine.

They were planets apart, no body was gonna kill them either way.

Katsuki grumbles as he walks over to Izuku with a frown. "Come on get up and start working."

"But- but this is so fun! Kacchan come on and lay down with me." Izuku pulls Katsuki, who huffs angrily but ends up laying down on the jelly.

"Why are you like this?" Katsuki mumbles after a short pause as he rubs his eyes tiredly.

Izuku giggles, "You love me Kacchan." He answers with a huge smile.

Katsuki snorts with a smile threatening to bloom into his face as he asks, "What gave you that idea?"

"Oh.." Izuku mumbles turning away, Katsuki waits for a few seconds in confusion, wondering if he said anything wrong.

"Hey Deku.." he mumbles a second later, shaking Izuku a little and grabbing his attention.

"Yeah?"

"You know I was joking, right?" Katsuki adds in embarrassment. He never thought there would be a day he wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings. Never in his entire life.

"So... You love me?" Izuku asks smugly, turning around to face Katsuki.

It did feel like a pinch when Katsuki implied that he didn't like Izuku, but it was okay, he wasn't upset or anything. He just didn't... expect it.

"I mean- I don't know! Probably... Sometime in the future perhaps? I- love the way you talk, the way you express yourself and so many things about you. But... I'm not sure if I love you. It's a strong word."

Izuku stops functioning for a second, trying to catch up with what Katsuki said. "Oh- I said that out loud, didn't I?" Katsuki exclaims, face-palming himself when he notices Izuku's face.

"I uh- it's okay I guess, no worries but..." Izuku hesitates with an awkward chuckle. He didn't know what to say, it was the least expected answer!

"No it's- it's alright... I- fine whatever." Katsuki mutters with a sad frown as he immediately walks away.

Izuku tried catching up to him but Katsuki obviously just wanted a little space. There was a very little chance Izuku felt an attraction too. They've hardly known each other for a week!

"Your don't have to give an answer Deku! I- I can understand okay. Like just, please. Leave me alone." Katsuki gets to a point where he had to beg. He had never done that.

But now, he could feel tears stinging his eyes. He could feel his throat closing up on him. Everything was on fire. And Izuku was not helping with his advancements.

"Kacchan no! Just listen to me? Alright?" Izuku pleads, walking closer. He probably had good intentions but Katsuki wasn't in the right mindset.

"Uh- maybe later? Please just... Not now." Katsuki half-mindedly answers, walking away from Izuku.

Izuku swiftly turns Katsuki around and hold him tightly by his arms. "You will fucking listen to me and don't your dare try to interrupt, okay?"

Katsuki tries to interrupt again, trying to say it's okay but then... Izuku kisses him?

Izuku immediately leans forward and places a soft peck against Katsuki's lips, and pulling away without lingering too much.

"Huh- wha?" Katsuki sputters, his hands immediately clasping his lips in surprise.

"This is exactly why I told you! I- I think I probably like you too? I get it! We know each other for like a week but you're so awesome and I don't know..." Izuku mumbles off with a blush.

And well of course, to save the day, their phone dings with a notification.

"We should...talk about this later. "

"Yeah probably." Katsuki awkwardly agrees looking away.

Denki:
Uh guys-

Kirishima:
We found some substance close to our fuel

Denki:
I was supposed to reveal that- what the fuck Kirishima

Kirishima:
Sorry babe... Just got a little excited

Shinso:
Babe- oh my god please don't tell me-

Denki:
Oh! Kirishima asked me out yesterday!

Alice:
Ohmygod how?!?

Katsuki:
How about we get to the fucking topic instead of getting sidetracked by shitty hair asking out dunce face

Kirishima:
COME UP WITH BETTER NICKNAMES

Denki
EXACTLY DO YOU SEE US CALLING YOU A POMERANIAN

Katsuki:
You wouldn't dare

Denki:
Watch me

Izuku:
Oh my fucking god guys, shut up and tell us about the fuel

Denki:
It's actually kinda solid to start with, it's like a metal, probably? They have loads of ores here and use it for welding purposes, it probably has a high melting point though

Kirishima:
83% match

Todoroki:
Oh wow
That's so good, isn't it?
Like such a great compatibility

Izuku:
Okay so unless you guys find anything better, we are using this metal, we can figure out about the melting thing later

Katsuki:
It's probably quite easy if they use it for welding purposes

Izuku:
Well whatever it is, keep reporting guys