Ch- 4. PAIN AND GLORY

Child of the Moon
[Zhanyi -Wattpad]
••••••••••••••

It is said that no one has touched the glory without having suffered a little pain.

The streets were packed, everyone seemed to want to welcome a war hero. As the caravan passed, people threw flowers and raised their songs.

After almost two years, where the town was immersed in uncertainty, as they found themselves with an inserted future, where the social and economic ups and downs filled them with anguish. But it was all over. Their empire had returned with victory, you could see an already tired army, where those brave alphas who joined the empire fought to bring them peace of mind again today.

At the front mounted with great elegance a beautiful black horse, was the one who led them to victory, an alpha who did not rest until he achieved his goal.

Little was left of that skinny young man who left, he came back a man, who although his image was not corpulent, he did have very defined muscles. Dressed in artillery, head held high he headed for the castle.

Xiao Zhan returned proving that he is the worthy heir to the throne, leading his country to glory.

Cough cough cough

Once that handkerchief was removed from her mouth she looked at it again, blood again.
The gods will know how she had contracted that damn disease.
But her throat feels dry and the metallic taste is always with her.

Her strength is barely enough to hide that evil from her son, she has tried to stay away from him even though it costs her  soul. She fears that she will never feel his affection again, but she is even more distressed to think what will become of him when she is gone.

- Mommy? I have finished the reading and the lessons for today.- He tried to get closer but his mother stood behind the table making it impossible.

Mom had already been away from him for several days, she did not give him her kiss at night or wake him up with one in the morning, he misses her hugs and smelling her perfume more closely, he does not remember having misbehaved and he has been doing more homework than usual that correspond to it.

He also dislikes that the bad man visits them. The first time he saw that stinky alpha they were going to deliver their vegetables to the market, alfa scared him too much because he took his face and hands to observe him, he also asked his mother if he was for sale, as if he were a toy. She defended him, and said not to bother.

That's why he doesn't understand what that alfa does at home from time to time.

- Very well my love, you have improved your writing a lot, promise that you will not stop practicing yes.-  Although she was always a servant, she learned to read and write, so she insists that Yibo learn too.

- Come on, take a bath and go to bed, I'll tell you a story today, will you?

The little omega's eyes lit up, he finally had some of the attention he missed so much...

- Then the prince on his horse rescued his omega and they lived happily ever after...

She could see how her puppy entered the world of dreams, away from all reality. The old omega discovered that she couldn't take it anymore, so that night she stayed awake contemplating the beauty of that puppy, the tears in her eyes clouded those views and the sobs stayed stuck in her chest making it hurt even more. .

- Mommy, are you crying?... - Those cries seemed to disturb the little one.

- No honey.- But of course she was lying, she quickly wiped away her tears.- My little A-Yue, I have something to tell you, do you remember Wú Jian…

- The bad Lord...- She was interrupted.

- It turns out that he's not bad, darling, he came because he wants to invite you to play with his daughter, she's an alpha, but he says she's very pretty, besides he has a big house, with a big garden.

- Yes?...- Yibo seemed to be excited about that.

- Tomorrow he'll come for you, will you?...

- Yes, let's go mom.- It really made him happy, he could finally have a little friend.

- Mmm... No, darling, I won't be able to go, tomorrow I'll put the stall in the market, but you go and have a lot of fun. Just promise me that you'll behave yourself, that you'll eat everything on your plate and keep doing your lessons...

- I promise...- He said this with a big yawn, falling back on his bed exhausted.

Finally letting the woman's cry come out in peace and without consolation...

Very early in the morning, Yibo was ready to go to that Mr. bad's house...... Mr. Wú's.
He was impatient to meet that alpha that his mother had mentioned to him, he carried a small rag rabbit with him, the omega had made it for him, as she had also made that cape that she gave him that day, it covered his entire body and his head also....

"MRS. WANG!"
That scream made her heart begin to race.

- To Yue, they've already come for you...- Her hands trembled as she tried to better accommodate the puppy's clothes.- Love repeat our rules with me.

And in unison they began to recite:

1. Stay away from the sun, never take off your cape when outdoors.

2. Don't forget to do the lessons.

3. Don't talk to strangers.

4. Don't trust strangers.

- She took a little air and said:
- Honey, remember this too, if you are in danger, you will try to get away from there, always look for a way to be safe.- She look at him, she look directly into his eyes and she made him promise.- And the most important, my love?

- 5. Always love mom.

Fearful, she approached the puppy and hugged him as hard as she was allowed...- Honey, mommy loves you very much, never forget her...

That morning, she fearfully handed over her son to an alpha who, he swore, would take care of him. She really had a sea of worries, but that man seemed sincere and at that moment she had no more options, her days were numbered.

Immersed in that hardship, she could only ask her Gods, but above all one in particular.
—Luna, if it is true that this child belongs to you, give him your protection and always guide his path.

That was just the tragic beginning of who became a living legend, that the stigma of being cursed haunted him for the rest of his life...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

To be continued.....

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁