Ch - 9. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

Child of the Moon
[Zhanyi -Wattpad]
•••••••••••

I could easily have forgiven your pride, if it hadn't been for messing with mine. -Elizabeth Bennet.

- Give me that, it's mine. - an omega snatches a dress from another.

The residence was all a mess, clothes, shoes, accessories everywhere. Autumn was almost over, so the winter solstice celebrations were just beginning. It is a party day where concubines and servants can have a bear time, while enjoying a bit of freedom.

Therefore, everyone in the harem takes it as "the day they can flirt", they look for their best clothes, they wear elegant jewelry and makeup.

Since the prince never visits them, they believe that it is the best time to look for other good matches or to attract him with their charms.

While a young man with milky skin was just in the middle of the chaos eating his breakfast without worrying about a thing.

Several days have passed and that place was really boring, he has not been able to talk to anyone, it seems that everyone has a designated task, but he still had not been told what to do. So he only communicates with the eunuch and madam Hao Lyn.

The most significant thing of the week has been the discovery of a library while prowling the palace, sometimes nobody notices that he is not there.

He is very curious, he misses reading, it was one of the few things he could do while they toured the towns for their exhibitions, he has tried not to remember that, but every time he sleeps his dreams always turn into nightmares bringing him things he does not want to remember...

But this day he would take the opportunity to sneak away and enjoy reading for a while.

An alpha came out of his chambers, dressed in shorts and leather gloves, a helmet in his hand

An alpha came out of his chambers, dressed in shorts and leather gloves, a helmet in his hand. He was going with all the intentions of spending a pleasant afternoon on horseback.

But before he even touched the outside, his father stopped him.

- Zhan son, will you go out? - He questioned, after him came several of his helpers.

- That's right father. - He leaned back a little to greet. - Today even the servants walk around, I don't see why I shouldn't enjoy the day.

- But you are not from the servitude, my son, remember that a royal prince never rests, at your age I already ruled, do you think I had rest days?

- Oh father what a misfortune, my mercy for you, as you can see thanks to the gods you are still standing, it would not be wise of me to take your place. We hope you continue to bless us with your presence.

Xiao Zhan's relationship with his father was not exactly the most fraternal, from a very young age he ended up being raised by servants, so he had not been able to develop any kind of feelings for him, or at least not affection.