Season Four; Chapter One: The Hellfire Club

March 1896

Y/n's POV

I was sitting in the back seat of Steve's car as he drove Robin and I to school. I offered her the front since she needed to finish her makeup, and I figured having the sun visor, which included a mirror, would help her out. Usually I'd be driving myself to school, but my mom needed to borrow my car today since hers didn't have gas. So here I was. I had a pair of headphones resting comfortably on my ears, an upbeat pop song playing as I mouthed the words to the music. My walkman was resting on my lap, and my fingers tapped away on the side of it as I stared out the car window. Everything was peaceful, until Steve reached back and tapped on my knee. I took my headphones off, setting them around my neck, the music still playing faintly.

"What's up?" I quiz.

"Did you even hear a word I said?" Steve asked.

"Uh, no. Sorry," I apologize and tap my headphones. "I was listening to music. What's going on?"

Steve waved it off. "It's nothing. Never mind."

"Ugh," Robin groaned as she continued doing her makeup. "It is 7:00 in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse."

"Robin, you look fine," I assure her. "Seriously. But you expect Steve and I to believe you're worried about a pep rally?"

"Yeah, we're not buying that bullshit," Steve concurred. "This is about Vickie."

"Absolutely not," Robin disagreed.

"It is," Steve insisted. "And you know what else I think? You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. You just gotta be yourself."

"You're literally quoting me to me," Robin pointed out. "You do realize that, right?"

"Maybe you need to listen to yourself," Steve suggested. "Did you ever think about that? I mean, shit, I've been listening to your advice this whole school year, and me and Y/n's relationship is stronger than ever. Right Y/n?"

"Huh? Sure," I hum as I fiddled with the wires of my headphones, which had become tangled.

"It's not the same thing, Steve. If you ask out a girl and she says no, nothing happens except maybe your ego's a little bruised. I ask out the wrong girl, and bam, I'm a town pariah," Robin declared.

"I'd buy that," Steve confessed. "Except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl. She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, 5 seconds. Do you know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds?"

"No, because neither Y/n or I have seen the movie," Robin mentioned.

"Well, it's people who like boobies, Robin. Boobies!" Steve chirped.

"Ew! Gross," Robin gagged. "Don't say boobies."

"It's not a big deal, okay? I like boobies. You like boobies. Vickie likes boobies. Definitely," Steve affirmed. "What's not to love? I mean, Y/n's boobies are fantastic. You should see them, Robin."

"Steve, shut up!" I instruct playfully and slap his shoulder.

"What? I'm just talking about my beautiful girlfriend," Steve defended as he pulled up to the front of the school."

"Yeah? Well, you can talk about me all you want. When we're alone. In bed. At night," I whisper into his ear before climbing out of his car.

"Y/n!" Steve moaned as I shoved my headphones and walkman into my backpack. "Now I'm gonna be thinking about that all shift."

"You have fun with that," I tease and lean into his open window. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah. See you later. I love you," Steve murmured and leaned over to press a kiss to my lips.