DISAPPOINTMENTS -FOUR

Part 4

Note: I will be using female lead's name as Sunghoon's Gold until Jake finds out her name. Thank you♡

{Sunghoon's Pov}
After the lunch we both started for our classroom. There wasn't much time left before the declaration of the newly made Student Council and she have been truly impatient, not now but from the last 3 weeks. She is dying to be a part of the Council whereas I am totally not.

"Hey penguin, are you even listening??"
I looked at her as I came out of my thoughts. "Hmm? Ahh sorry I missed out, what were you saying?" She had this totally done look on her face. "I was telling you my speech that I will deliver when I'll be chosen as a member of the council and you didn't even bother to listen to it." I frowned.

"You are confident you'll be chosen?"...."Of course. What do you take me for? I already talked with our homeroom teacher and he said that he'll definitely suggest my name for the position." She flipped her hair hitting my handsome face. "Okay? All the best then." I sighed and looked at my book.

Our homeroom teacher enters the classroom and we became all ears to him. "Students, pay attention. After this period ends, you all have to gather in the auditorium for the finalization of the student council. Uhm..Sunghoon, can you come out for a second?" I flinched hearing my name. "Yes sir." I stand up and went out with him.

{Sunghoon's Gold's Pov}
I was mentally screaming while hearing the announcement of the teacher. Until he called Sunghoon. We both made an eye contact when he stood up and went out with the teacher. It's not surprising at all since he is a known athlete around the campus. Each and every person, from the principal to our helpers, knows him. Everyone has some or the other thing to tell him or arrange tickets for his colleagues tournament or so.

I just waited for him to come back, till I read the book I brought from the library. I still remember how that guy stood dumb when I took the book first. I have to win the challenge somehow. Hmm? Should I actually drug him?? Nahh. How about asking his friends? Will they tell me? I mean they don't even know me so it won't be a problem to gather information about him from them. Hmph. What should I do??

I was fighting my thoughts when I didn't even realized that hoon is back. He flicked my forehead from his fingers. "Yah! What are you thinking about?" I blinked my eyes. "Oh you're back? What did the teacher said?"...."nothing special, just something about the upcoming tournaments and how will I cope up with my studies along side." I formed a O with my lips. "But what were you imagining?" He smiled. "Ways to win."....
"Ways to win that childish challenge?" I nodded slowly.

"Why are you so eager to win the challenge? You won't get anything from it anyway." He's got a point. "But I want to. I don't know why but I want to win before him." I started whining and hitting him on shoulder. "Okay okay!! STOP! Think about a plan instead of your whines."....
"Suggest me something, will you?" I crossed my hands.

"Try to ask his mates. You might get some hint or info."...."but what if he got to know about it?"...."as if he'll play fair." He rolled his eyes. "What do you mean by that? We definitely made rules to play fair and neat. He won't break them." Sunghoon started laughing. "You're really innocent gold! How can he win by playing fair? He will definitely try something out of legality of rules." He smiled and patted my head while I shot him glares.

{Bell rings}

We all were told to gather in the auditorium so our classmates started making a disciplined line with the help of our class president. I grabbed Sunghoon's hands and dragged him out of the class running to the auditorium first.

"Hey what are you even doing??" Sunghoon whisper-shouted at me. "I'm not gonna wait for them to follow their president quietly like a 3 year old." We both kept on running until we reach the doors. I entered first followed by hoon. We saw our homeroom teacher talking with the principal.

We went to the designated seats and sat down waiting for others to arrive. I was truly nervous and the atmosphere was far more than nerve racking. I felt Sunghoon grabbing my hands so I looked at him. He reassuringly smiled at me and rubbed my palms. I calmed down a bit honestly.

The reason why I'm so impatient to be a part of the student council?
My family. I wanna make them proud for once in my life. I was never good with studies to start with, neither do I have any talents. My reason to choose Science was this too. I thought I might be able to improve by studying in a studious ambience of our class. It did helped me a bit. But, I've go no plans on what career to choose ahead. My only mission for now is to get chosen.

{Time skip, announcement for the newly elected council members.}

"WELCOME OUR HEAD PERSON FOR THE SESSION WITH A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE, YANG JUNGWON."

The applauds were so huge that I almost became deaf. Yang Jungwon, student in Arts & designs department. He is very studious person from what I've heard. And a sweetheart overall. I can hear girls and even BOYS screaming so hard. I watched him walking with his head high and proud smile on the stage. That's what I want to experience.

He was honored with his batch and sash. And then a small thanks giving speech from him. Slowly and slowly, the vice head person, secretary, join secretary, presidents of clubs were announced too. And I'm totally out of my mind right now since nothing has been announced for me.

"Students, we know how much of a great students you all are. You all study with all your might and we are hella proud of you guys. But, with the working of minds, working of the body is equally important. So this year our jury has decided to elect a SPORTS CLUB too. And we have already decided the President for the club."

Everyone in the auditorium started gasping. I looked at hoon surprised and he was completely normal. A new club, do I have a chance in it?

"With huge proud on him, we welcome our newly elected sports club's PRESIDENT, everyone congratulate him with all you heart, PARK SUNGHOON."

O.M.G. What is going on?!?!?!? Did I hear it right? SUNGHOON!? CLUB PRESIDENT!? I looked at him so fast but he was looking down.

"Sunghoon!?!?! Your name has been announced. What are you doing? Go fast penguin!!" He looked at me with shock.
"Gold? You're not sad?"...."What? Why would I be sad!? IT'S YOU WHO BECAME A PRESIDENT PENGUIN!! IM EVEN MORE HAPPY RIGHT NOW. YOU DESERVE THIS TRULY!!" I hugged him tightly and when I pulled back, I saw his eyes glistened. "Thank you Gold. I love you." He kissed my forehead and I smiled at him. He stood up proudly and walked with pride. I clapped so damn hard for him.

Yes! I'm truly happy for my bestie!! He's the best. I saw him wearing his batch and sash and then he looked at me and smiled. I smiled even more widely showing him a thumbs up. I still am a bit scared since it's almost the end of the positions to be appointed.

I was waiting for further announcements when I got a call from mom. I went out of the auditorium to answer it.
"Hey mom. Why?"...."Nothing, just called to check on you. How are the classes?"...."pretty good. Almost ending for today. How are you and dad?"...."We are fine too sweetie, just waiting for your arrival at home. When are you coming back to Daegu?"...."soon mom. I've got some assignments lined up, as soon as they get finished, I'll be there. Till then take care of you and dad for me, okay?"...."yes I will. Take care of yourself too sweetie. Love you, bye."...."bye mom and I love you both."

I hung up the phone and sighed. I've been nothing but only a existing daughter for them. They love me of course, a lot to be honest but all I gave them are excuses and disappointments. How I wish I was a bit more hardworking and tried my best. But I can't, I couldn't make myself up for it. I've no interest in going back in either. All my hopes are gone.

I decided to take a walk near the pool. I went there and sat down on a bench and stared at the empty swimming pool. It's empty, just like my heart. Why can't I be a more better person!? Why is it so hard to be a good daughter!???

I started feeling heavy and so I decided to swim for a while. I changed my uniform and jumped into the pool. Swimming with all the strength left in me. I kept on swimming and swimming. I was so focused that I didn't realized that someone was watching me.

"Why are you swimming so hard? You won't be able to win over me with that anyways."

Until next part....