PART 8: The Truth

🄰🅄🅃🄷🄾🅁 🄿🄾🅅

'Is Mr. Yin having a meeting here today?' Mint was engaged in a mental monologue and Yin's behavior that not even a sidelong glance at her made him feel strange. A bouquet of flowers that he gave her was also taken by that guy.

'Did I say something wrong earlier?'

She checked in the mirror to see if something was in her face but she looked pretty as always. She then stood up and went to the pantry to prepare coffee for Yin and War but she couldn't help but keep thinking about how Yin had acted earlier. He didn't even appear to be interested in her at all.

'Nevermind, maybe he isn't in a good mood and has an urgent meeting with P'War,' she said to herself and walked to War's room with two cups of coffee.

Smiling, the closer she got to War's room, the more nervous she became.

"Wait, Rita," she stopped her coworker who was walking while bringing some documents.

"Yeah?"

"Do I look pretty now? Is there something on my face?" She asked cheerfully.

"You look pretty, Minttt," Rita responded while chuckling a little before walking away.

She continued heading toward War's room and paused in front of the door to take a breath before opening the door. She didn't even bother to knock on the door as she couldn't even express how excited she was to see Yin's face.

She bowed her head and closed the door. But as soon as she turned around and lifted her head, her eyes grew wide at the scene in front of her, the two cups of coffee she was holding fell from her palm without her realizing it.

"Phi-P'War"

"Mr. Yin"

With her breath caught in her throat, she stared at them in shock.

What..What just she saw...

'Is...is that true? But...it can't be,' she thought in her mind in disbelief from the scene in front of her eyes.

Yin and War were freaking kissing and...War also sat on Yin's lap like a lovely couple.

"Mint." War got up from Yin's lap when he saw his assistant staring at them in wide eyes at what she had witnessed.

When War turned to look at Yin, Yin just sighed since that woman had abruptly interrupted them and War knew his boyfriend would have hated it if that had happened.

"Why are you not knocking the door?" War asked and his question seemed like it made Mint come back to reality when she immediately took the shattered glass.

"I'm-I'm sorry," she said.

"Don't touch it, it may hurt your hand."

"I will tell the cleaner to clean it," War said and she slowly stood up, bowing her head.

"I'm sorry again, phi. I...I should knock on the door," she replied.

"Yeah, you should," Yin responded flatly.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Mr. Yin, P'War..."

Yin stood up from the seat and walked to the sofa. "Let's eat, baby. I'm hungry," Yin said to War and Mint lifted her head and turned to face Yin as she heard the nickname Yin used to refer to his boss. Despite her silence, it was obvious that she was shocked from the look on her face.

'No...no, it can't be...' Mint said in her mind in disbelief, her eyes were shaken.

──────