PART 24: Unwavering

🅆🄰🅁 🄿🄾🅅

I awoke to the sensation of P'Yin's muscular arm wrapped around my waist and a sense of contentment washed over me. The warmth of his heated skin against my bare back provided comfort. His arm encircled me possessively as if afraid someone might snatch me away at any moment. With his nose buried in my hair and nestled in the curve of my neck, I could feel his breaths, heavy and labored against my skin.

Despite the chilly morning, I felt exceptionally warm. Shifting slightly, I couldn't help but smile as he tightened his grip on me. Opening my eyes, I gazed at his arm, appreciating the defined muscles, visible veins and the way he held me. A smile graced my lips as I leaned back against him, briefly closing my eyes and savoring the intimacy.

After a moment, I opened my eyes again and focused on the numbers illuminated on the alarm clock beside the bed, 7:42 a.m. I attempted to reach for it before it could disrupt P'Yin's sleep but my fingers couldn't quite reach.

Squirming a little within his embrace only prompted him to groan and hold me even tighter. His warm breath caressed my neck as he nestled closer. "Where do you think you're going, baby?" He whispered in my ear with his husky morning voice. His eyes remained closed.

"I wanted to turn off the alarm, so you could sleep a little longer, phi," I explained, intertwining my fingers with his momentarily. He eased his grip on me, allowing me to lean over and silence the device.

Leaning in, he planted a swift kiss on my lips, leaving a faint tingling sensation as he pulled back slightly, just inches from my face. "I love you, baby," he uttered.

A smile graced my face. "I love you too, phi," I replied, giving him another gentle peck on the lips.

Last night was beyond words. It was an indescribable experience that felt surreal. P'Yin has an exceptional ability to make me feel amazing. As always.

"I love you sooo much," he said and gave a deep kiss on my cheek and pulled me closer, hugging me tightly.

I chuckled. "Phiii, I need to get up to prepare breakfast for us," I muttered but it only made him hug me more tightly until there was no space between us.

"I want to hug my baby," he replied and continued peppering my face with wet, affectionate kisses, causing me to burst into uncontrollable laughter.

◇──◆──◇──◆

Finally, the day arrived when the authorities informed us that they had gathered enough evidence to proceed with charges against Mr. David. The news brought mixed emotions, relief, vindication and a sense of empowerment.

The courtroom was a somber setting, filled with anticipation as the judge presided over the trial. P'Yin sat beside me, his presence a constant source of reassurance. As the proceedings unfolded, the weight of the evidence against Mr. David became undeniable and the gravity of his actions became apparent.

Eventually, the gavel fell, delivering the verdict that we had hoped for. Mr. David was held accountable for his actions and justice was served.

Leaving the courtroom, a surge of emotions overwhelmed me, a blend of relief, finality and a newfound sense of resilience. As we entered the car, P'Yin enveloped me in his embrace, providing comfort. "Everything is okay now. It will never happen again," P'Yin said while rubbing my back.

"Thank you, phi. I can endure all of this because of you," I replied and he broke the hug, then cupped my face.

"Because everything happens, we will be together. Forever," he said and gave a deep kiss on my lips before taking my phone.