PART 9: Mixed Emotions

A MONTH LATER

🅆🄰🅁 🄿🄾🅅

The early risers chirping, morning sun beams peeking through the clouds, birds about their morning rituals, a gentle cool breeze, golden light everywhere, covering natural and man-made creations, full of beauty and magic, filled with my love for this person. Waking up to a beautiful morning with a person who truly loves me with a mind to make this an amazing day worth remembering, it felt so good.

I gave P'Yin a peck kiss on his lips before I got up from the bed and started my routine. As is usual on weekends, we will visit the orphanage where I used to live.

After washing my face and preparing breakfast, I went upstairs with the intention to wake P'Yin up but seeing him still in deep sleep, I changed my mind and went to my desk. Taking out my diary from the drawer, I started to fill the book with our memories again while waiting for P'Yin to wake up. What we did, how much I love P'Yin, what happened during the week and everything. There were no memories left behind.

"Babyyy." P'Yin suddenly hugged me from behind and put his chin on my shoulder. When I turned my head slightly to look at him, he was still with half open eyes.

"Why aren't you beside me, babyyy? I want to hug you," he complained, cracking a smile on my lips.

"I already made breakfast for us. Go wash your face and we go downstairs."

He hummed and continued to hug me, there was no sign to move. "P'Yinnnn." I chuckled at his childish behavior.

"I want to hug my baby. Can I?" He pursed his lips and I kissed his lips slightly.

"You have the whole time in the world to hug me, phiii. But now..." I stood up from the seat and held his hand. "We need to eat breakfast and get ready. We have plans today."

"Did you forget?"

"How can I forget our plan?" He pouted and pointed to his lips. "Kiss," he said adorably.

Smiling, I gave him a deep kiss on the lips, then moved to kiss the rest of his face, bringing him smile from ear to ear. "I love you, my dimples," he uttered when brushing our top nose together.

"I love you more, phi," I said with a broad smile.

◇──◆──◇──◆

We arrived at the Crystal Family Home, the orphanage I once called home and the children there welcomed us. They run over to us while giggling with joy when they notice that we have brought them a lot of food. I couldn't be happier to witness their happy expressions. So adorable.

"Do you miss me, cutie?" P'Yin said while carrying one of the children, Narin.

"I miss you so muchhh, phi," she replied excitedly, burying her face on my boyfriend's neck.

P'Yin kissed her forehead with a sweet smile on his handsome face. "I miss you too, nong Narin."

I smiled warmly looking at them before my eyes wandered around, trying to find nong Kit because typically he was the first person who would have been to run over to us with excitement but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Nong Kit doesn't feel well, War. He sleeps in his room," the caregiver, Nuii, told us as she was aware that I was looking for nong Kit.

"Kit doesn't want to play with me anymore. He always sleeps," nong Narin said while pouting.

I smiled and caressed her hair. "Kit doesn't feel well, sweetheart. Once he feels better, he will play with you, okay?"

"But he always said he doesn't have energy," she replied in a sulky tone.