23.

As she was getting ready for the Charity ball of her hospital, Meredith was thinking of how small was the world. She was nervous, it wasn't her first Ball, but it was the first one she was going not only like a attending but also with a date. It wouldn't matter that she was going with a date, but said date was a Mafia Boss, and all is Seattle knew it. She was slightly scared of what her friends may say, even Cristina didn't knew about it, she just told her she was sleeping with someone. It was gonna be quite shocking, but they wouldn't say anything in front of him, right?...right??!!

Maybe she was exaggerating.

Yeah, that probably was. She was just going to ignore that pressure she was feeling on her chest, and that slight nausea Meredith was having, and concentrate on finish getting ready for the Ball. Derek was going to pick her up in a few minutes, and she still needs to put on some heels. Meredith was just putting on some mascara, when her intercom buzzed.

"Yes Louis ?", she asked.

"Mr. Shepherd is here to see you Dr. Grey, can i send him up?."

"Sure Louis, thank you."

"Alright Dr. Grey, have a goodnight."

"Good night Louis". She finished her makeup, and quickly put on her heels. Just as she was getting out of her room, the elevators doors opened, revealing a Derek in a tux and a huge bouquet of red roses in his arms.

"H-hi." she stammered slightly.

"Hi," he said with a smirk on his face, "I brought you a little something."

"Oh my god!

"Oh my god!." Meredith said shocked, "Derek, that's too much!."

"Nothing it's too much for you." Derek said while his eyes softened as he looked at her.

"I-Derek... I don't know what to say, I-I-I'm speechless, no one has ever done something like this for me, thank you, I... just, thank you." Her eyes sparkling as she looked at him.
"Where do you want them?"

"Just put them on the kitchen counter, when we get back I'll fix them, right now I just want to thank you properly." Meredith said looking straight at him in the eyes.

He walked past her and put down the flowers on the counter, suddenly he was turned around, and her her mouth was on his, kissing him like her life depends on it.

Her arms where around his neck gripping the hair at the base of his neck, his arms where around her waist in an instant, he didn't want to mess up her hair.

After an intense kiss she let him go, they where both breathing hard, she licked her lips and his eyes went straight to her lips.

"I should bring you flowers more often then." Derek said, giving her a small smirk.

" Shut up," Meredith said blushing "and now, we're gonna be late." She said looking over the clock on her stove.

" But it was worth it," he gave her a small kiss on the corner of her mouth, "now, put your coat on, we're gonna be late." He gave her another satisfied smirk and walked away to wait for her on the living room.

Stunted, she went straight to her closet to fetch for her coat, once she had it on, Meredith went to her living room and looked at Derek, she didn't know how some one could look so hot while leaning on things, he was just leaning on her couch, typing on his phone, frowning at it, and that made him even hotter.

"I'm ready." She made herself known.

"I'll never get tired of telling," he gave her a soft look, where his eyes turned sparkly, " you look so gorgeous, I don't know what I did right, if it was in this life or my past one, im so lucky to have you Meredith, I would do anything for you." His last statement having a double meaning they both knew it, but didn't acknowledge it.

"Derek..." she breathed softly, and looked him right in the eyes, searching for any signs that he might be lying, but he wasn't, all she saw was pure honesty, and something else that she couldn't identify, " you just..." and she kissed him, not like before, but this kiss was soft, she was cradling his head on her dainty hands, rubbing his cheeks with her thumbs, her warm tongue seeking entrance to his mouth, and he granted without any hesitance from his part, his hands stayed right on her hips, because he knew if he moved them, they wouldn't be attending to the charity ball, she released him, and said, "Let's go." Meredith turned on her heel and started to walk to the door, he was still stunned from the kiss, not moving from his spot, she turned to look at him, " You coming? ", she asked, while trying to hide her smirk.

"Huh?...oh-yeah, I'm coming." He straighten himself, and went towards her.

While they where waiting for the elevator to reach the lobby, he whispered on her ear, "you're gonna pay for that darling." And he bit her earlobe, she gasped softly and went to reply but the elevator doors opened, so she didn't say anything, and started to walk towards the doors, Derek was hot no her heels and put a hand on the small of her back, to guide her towards the Lincoln limousine that was parked u outside of her building, there was a driver who opened the door for her, " Dr. Grey, Mr. Shepherd." He all but bowed to them, " Thank you Carson." Derek said, "of course sir."

They both went inside the the luxurious limousine, the ride was silent, comfortable enough, Derek's hand was resting on her thigh all the way to the ball, she got lost deep in thought. She didn't notice when they got to the hotel where the ball was being held, Meredith went back to reality by the squeeze on her leg by Derek's hand, " We're here baby." He stepped out of the limo, and helped her get out, her nerves where starting to appear, she began to wring her hands, until Derek's warm, big hands stopped her.

" Don't be nervous darling, everything's gonna be ok cucciola." He kissed her hands softly.

" I know, I know." She whispered, " I'm just nervous, that's all."

" Why is that?."

" You are the first guy I'm bringing to this thing, and people now who you are, and I'm scared of what their reaction's gonna be, not that I'm ashamed of you, no, never, I mean just look at you, you loo like a Greek god, and I'm so lucky to have, you're sweet, and caring, but people don't now that; but I know that, and that's enough, I don't care what they think, ok?, I'm ready lets go." She finished her ramble with a deep breath, and grabbed Derek's hand and started to walk towards the entrance of the hotel.

She didn't know what the night would bring, but she knew that she didn't care what people might think of her for being in relationship with a guy like Derek, she was happy, and that's all the matters.
•••••••••••••••
Im back!.

Or

Am I?

Don't forget to coment and vote.

<3