Ch. 1 : The Story of Untouchable Ice Prince

Knock! Knock!

"Come in!"

"Doc, Khun Ayden from room 555 was awake. The vitals are good. But, he refused his medication.", the young cardiologist chuckles.

"Give me a minute! We will meet him after this."

"Yes, doc! Then, please excuse me. I will wait outside."

"Wait, Tutor! Take those gifts out too! My room is so messy!", he says with that grumpy face.

"Understood, doc!", Tutor then leaves with hands full of gifts.

A moment later, the young cardiologist finishes his work. He comes out from his office. All attentions are immediately on him, the genius cardiologist dr. Gulfian. Some people call him dr. Gulf and some other people call him dr. Gulfian. He was the youngest doctor who joined cardiology department at that time. Even until now, no one can beat his record yet. He is able to solve all his cases. Plus, don't forget about how perfect his look. Everyone falls for him. However, he also has other nickname. It's "The Untouchable Ice Prince". No one can approach him unless it's about work.

"Khun Ayden, we have talked about this many times. If you keep refusing your medication, your condition will worsen. And, once that happens, we won't be able to do anything.", the doctor says as soon as he arrives.

"I want to go home, dr. Gulfian!"

"You fainted earlier is a sign that your condition is getting worse. You have to accept the truth and get your medication soon. This is your only chance. If too late, no treatment will be useful. Even the best technology and doctor won't give much difference. Now, I offer you two options. Stay here and get your medication or leave this hospital with every single risk that might happen to you. I hope you think about this carefully, Khun Ayden."

"W-Wait, doc!", the patient says a moment before Gulf leaves the room.

"Yes, Khun Ayden?"

"Will the treatment be successful?"

"As a doctor, I can't guarantee whether it will be successful or not. I only could tell you that the treatment will increase your chances. On top of that, all depend on you and your body. Treatment is just a way to help your body fighting the disease. If your lifestyle doesn't change and keep getting many stresses, it will come back again and again. But, if you want to leave in better condition, follow our treatment plan and free yourself from stresses. Think about this slowly, Khun Ayden. I don't want you to regret it later when everything is too late already. Isn't your family waiting for you?"

"Yes... B-But, I'm afraid, doc!"

"It's natural to feel afraid. Everyone is afraid of this too. The difference is whether they are brave enough to fight or not. And, one more thing, treating disease is indeed our job as medical team, but healing is the task only you can do. We give medication, but at the end, your body and mind will decide if our treatment will be successful or not. So, if you don't have faith in yourself, I'll prescribe a higher dose of medicine and let you go home. The choice is yours, Khun Ayden.", Khun Ayden is stunned for a moment.

"I-I'll follow every single stage of the treatment, doc!"

"Good. This time, you have to follow all the treatment and get your medication fully. I hope to see you recover and leave this hospital in better condition, Khun Ayden. Your family is waiting for you at home."

"I-I will, doc... Sobs... I will recover and meet my family again at home... Sobs... Thank you, doc! Thank you... Sobs..."

That's exactly the reason why people love dr. Gulfian. Even though he looks cold from the outside, but his words can move his patient's heart. There is a hidden warmth on those serious words.