Ch. 26 : A Trap

"Fort, how is uncle Gup?", the boy looks sad.

"He still hasn't woken up, grandma..."

"Don't worry, Fort! Grandma and grandma Natee are here. Uncle Gupgup will be alright...", Nala hugs his grandson.

"Let's go in first..."

Fort leads them inside. He brings them to the front door of Gulf's room. The parents looks at Gulf worriedly. He seems to sleep soundly, but who know when the seizures would happen again.

"Mama... Sobs... G-Gulf..."

"Shh... Don't cry, Apo... Gulf will be alright... Mama and Auntie Natee are here...", Nala comforts his son-in-law.

Suddenly, the unwanted happens again. Gulf starts having seizures again. His hands and feet are stiff. Natee quickly takes a seat on the edge of the bed. She brings her face closer to Gulf's ear. Her hand strokes his hair gently.

"Gugu... Mama is here... Please wake up, okay? Don't hurt yourself like this... Mama will be very sad if you get hurt..."

"M-Mama... H-Help me..."

"Just let it all go, son... It's all tiring, isn't it? No need to hold it in yourself... Mama is always here, remember?"

"Sobs... M-Mama..."

"Yes, Sweetheart... Mama is here... Auntie Nala is here... P'Po, P'Mile, P'Earth, Mix, Fort are here... Uncle Jitra and Uncle Kai are also here... Many people are waiting for you... So, wake up, okay?"

"Mama..."

Gulf begins to calm down. For those who have never seen it, they are immediately amazed. Only soft words from Natee could calm his wounded heart.

"Wait outside! He'll wake up soon..."

Everyone leaves. They gather in the living room. Meanwhile, Natee wipes the sweat off Gulf's face. She strokes the chubby cheek gently and smiles. Remembering the past when Gulf was still a child. Apparently, his grown son hasn't changed much. He still looks so cute and innocent when he sleeps. She sighs. The world was really cruel to him.

"Mama..."

"Eh? Are you awake, Gugu?"

"Mama, what are you doing..."

"I came to check my naughty son!", Natee pinches his nose.

"Mamaaa~"

"How do you feel?"

"Hm? Good...?", he pretends to not understand what she meant.

"Your eyes are restless like that. Who are you trying to lie to, hm? Come here, boy! Mama will give you a hug!"

Natee opens her arms. The young man instantly melts into that embrace. The hug that had warmed his heart since he was little. There is no talk between them. Natee just hugs him while patting his back gently. It feels very comfortable, as comfortable as the hug he has ever felt from his late mother.

"Don't you want to say anything, Mama?"

"Mama has said what Mama wanted to say earlier..."

"Hm? Really? But, I didn't hear it..."

"Really?", the mother looks at him suspiciously which make Gulf looks away.

"Ma, where is Auntie Nala, Uncle Jitra, and Uncle Kai? Aren't they coming too?"

"See! You've lied to Mama! You naughty boy!", Mama tweaks his ear.

"Peace, Mama! Peace~"

"And, Gugu, have you been hiding something from Mama all this time?"