Ch. 35 : Healed

"Fotfot, happy birthday~", he says while giving a gift.

"Thank you, P'Nunew!"

"And here's a gift for my cutest nephew, Fourth!"

"Thank you, uncle Nunu~", Apo says.

"P'Nunew, the others are coming, right?"

"Don't worry, Fort! P'Max is picking up Nat first..."

"And, uncle Mew?"

"I-I'm here...", he says from the doorway.

Mew is standing there. Looking hesitant to enter. Fort is very happy to see Mew coming. The boy immediately runs towards him and invites him inside. Or pulling him in to be exact. Finally, after six months, he would enter this room for the first time. His uncle's ex-boyfriend looks healthier than the last time he saw him. Even though he doesn't seem to care, this child is very worried about the people around him.

"Uncle Gupgup, look who is here!", Fort says excitedly.

"Fort, let your Uncle rest! He must be tired of hearing your voice since dawn...", Apo says.

"Eyyy~ There's no way Uncle will get bored of hearing my good voice..."

"Tsk! This brat!"

"Hello, P'Po..."

"Hi, Mew! How are you?"

"I'm good..."

"I'm glad to see you're better now. My little brother will definitely be happy to know you came. Talk to him, Mew! Dr. Mark said he could still hear people around him..."

"Okay, P'Po..."

"Fort, I'm going to look for your Daddy and baby Fourth. They've been gone too long. Accompany Uncle Mew here, okay? Your grandmas and grandpas would arrive soon..."

"Okie dokie, Papo!"

"Mew, if he's naughty, just tweak his ears!", Mew only smiles while Fort quickly protests.

"Aow! Papo-"

"Bye~"

Apo leaves before Fort could whine more. Mew smiles. It's been a long time since he saw all this. He just realizes that he has missed a lot of things because he was too devastated. He missed the opportunity to be with the person he loved for the past six months. Even though, maybe Gulf could actually hear his voice.

Everyone has gathered. They are all well dressed. This really feels like a birthday party even though there is still the smell of alcohol. Gulf's room is transformed into a birthday party venue. Candles are lit. There are no number candles of course because Fort doesn't want to feel old.

"Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to youuu... Happy birthday, happy birthdayyy... Happy birthdayyy to youu..."

"Fort, make a wish first!", Apo says.

I hope Uncle Gupgup will wake up from his coma. That will be the greatest gift I got in my whole life...

"F-Fot..."

Fort almost blows out the candles when he hears someone's voice. He freezes. No one has noticed yet, but he is sure he heard someone mumbling and it's his beloved uncle's voice. He immediately leaves the cake that his Daddy is holding.

"Fort, where are you going? Quickly blow out the candles!"

Fort ignores his Papo's words. He stands by his Uncle's side. Confirming that the voice was his uncle's voice. The whole family is confused.

"Uncle, are you awake? Uncle must be awake, right? Answer me Uncle! It's me Fotfot!", he shakes his Uncle's shoulder.

"Fort, stop it! What are you doing?"