Ch. 18 : Stalker

Today will be the last day of dr. Gulfian on duty before a long break. Of course, this is a tough decision for the doctor. But, he feels like he needs a break from work. Everything that happened recently and his work at hospital make him really exhausted mentally and physically. Fortunately, hospital understands his condition. The young cardiologist is given two months off. This decision takes effect after Gulf finishes all his work.

Everyone in the cardiology department walks their favorite doctor up the elevator. They are sad because they won't see this young doctor for a while. The Untouchable Ice Prince will surely be missed by everyone.

"Tsk! I'm only going to take two months off. Why do you guys have to be dramatic, huh?", he grumbles when Tutor hands him a bouquet of flowers and a frame.

"Doc, you should come back in two months. Don't forget us too! If you miss us, you can just look at that picture..."

"Don't worry! I won't miss you."

"Doc~"

"That's enough! You guys have to get back to work. Thanks for walking me here!"

"Take care of your health, doc!", Gulf nods.

One by one leaves after saying goodbye to the doctor. Now, only Tutor is there with his advisor. He is going to help Gulf carry some stuff to his car. All flowers and gifts he received today will be taken home because he doesn't want trouble them to clean it all up. Including the gifts he got since a month ago. It is already piled up there. But, since some of the items have already been sent this morning, they only need to bring a few more items.

"Tutor, you should hear dr. Mario and study well with him.", the doctor says after they put the stufs in the car.

"Don't worry, doc! I will study well!"

"Good."

"But, can I still consult with you please?", he pleads.

"Tsk! Isn't this my time off?"

"I promise it won't take long! And, I'll only ask if it's reallyyyyy important..."

"Tsk! But, fine! You are only allowed to consult every other day and please remember that I may not always be able to answer quickly."

"Yes! Thank you, doc!"

"Thank you for helping me either. Now, get back to work!"

"Yes, Sir!", Tutor rushes back inside.

The night air chills him slightly. He immediately gets into the car. Gulf looks at the building in front of him one more time. He sighs. Two months isn't a long time, but for a guy who's usually a busy body, it won't be easy. However, his current condition is also not good. His body and mind need rest. He tightens his grip on the steering wheel and takes a deep breath. He is determined to return in much better condition.

His car leaves the hospital. It speeds away breaking the silence of the night. He wants to hurry home and take a shower. However, he suddenly feels hungry. He is contemplating about what to have for dinner. Come to think of it, he isn't in the mood for instant food. But, if he goes out to eat alone, he will be lonely and sad as well. At times like these, he misses his family very much. If only his parents are still alive, maybe his life would be better.

Gulf loses in thought until he doesn't know a car is following him. He only realizes it when the car continues to follow him turning into an elite apartment area. This isn't an area that random people would enter. He slows down so he could see the license plate number. He sighs in relief. It's Mama's bodyguards. He then pulls over.

Knock! Knock!

"Is there a problem, Khun Gulf?", Rang asks after Gulf rolls down the window.

"Mmmm... Would you like to join me for dinner? I don't want to eat alone, uncle..."