4

Jiyeon stiffened at the top of the stairs while Hyunjung's gaze fell onto her suitcase.

Then her eyes moved up until they stopped on Jiyeon's face.

Jiyeon was already nervous beyond comparison. She felt like she was waiting for her death sentence.

But then, after thinking about it, isn’t this normal? Aren’t the two of them about to divorce? Then it should be no problem if she moves out, right? Then why is she glaring at her like a wife looking at their heartless, scumbag husband?

Before Jiyeon could finish contemplating, Hyunjung opened her mouth first, “Where are you going.”

Her voice was cold and frigid, and Jiyeon silently moved the suitcase behind her. Her behavior was like an ostrich burying its head in the sand, but it seemed to have boosted her confidence, “I want to move out.”

This morning, Hyunjung went to visit a senior who was filming a period drama. Although she didn’t want to go and she had refused many times, she couldn’t push it back anymore. If she did, then she would essentially be cutting off all relations with her senior.

So she went and acted very perfunctory. She gave her senior a gift her assistant had prepared and had the same assistant buy some fruit baskets for the entire crew. She said a few words to her senior, they took some pictures, shared them on socmed, and then it was over.

After she dealt with that annoyance, she headed straight home. Her agent said he sent over a lot of scripts for her to look over, but she didn’t want to take a single look at them. She told them she wanted a break.

Her agent was helpless, as he knew that she was upset and distraught about the divorce.

She has never taken a break in the last ten years. So since she wants to take a break now, she was allowed to rest for a long while and her agent told her they would wait until she was in a good mood before going back to work again.

But she never expected that when she returned home, she would come across this scene.

With what Jiyeon had said yesterday, Hyunjung was not at all surprised by this situation. She walked over until she stood in front of Jiyeon.

They were about the same height but Jiyeon still felt very nervous as she faced her idol.

“If you’re going to leave, what about Juyeon.”

Jiyeon blinked, “I will pick her up in a few minutes and then arrange for her to come with me.”

Hyunjung lightly spat out a word, “No.”

She continued: “Juyeon must stay with me.”

Here it comes! The custody battle has arrived!

So far, Jiyeon hasn’t even seen her daughter’s face. To be honest, she has no feelings for this little girl named Juyeon. To her, that is the name of a stranger, but hearing Hyunjung's determined tone that asked her to leave her kid behind, she automatically rejected those words, “Juyeon is my child. Wherever I go, she will follow.”

Hyunjung was no stranger to this reply and she looked at Jiyeon coldly and sharply, “Juyeon is also my daughter. Legally speaking, I am also her mother and guardian. I must disagree with you. You cannot take her away.”

Jiyeon had no retort. What should she do? Should she move into Sojung's place by herself first?

While she was being indecisive, Hyunjung returned to her room and came out with a thin coat. In about two hours, she needs to go to a party. She doesn’t need to go now, but she couldn’t stay in this suffocating house any longer.