27

Sojung was in low spirits for several days before finally returning to her youthful self a few days later and she left the haven of her home for the first time in a week.

The first thing she did when she walked out of her home was to call her best friend to her place. She wanted to play some cards to lift her mood and then she realized that she couldn’t play cards with just two people. She thought about it and then decided to also call up Dayoung who has recently been as busy as working just as hard. 

Thus, the three of them gathered in Sojung 's residence and play.

During one of the many rounds  Sojung suddenly mentioned, “One of my seniors from university returned t two days ago. I heard that he just won a big American company dispute case. He is excellent at his job. How about I introduce him to you?”

Jiyeon almost dropped her cards in her shock and seeing her cards slightly scattered, she quickly hid her two jokers before looking at Sojung a face full of astonishment: “Is there something wrong with you? I’m a woman with a wife, okay?!”

“…..Who would want to set up a date for you!”

“Then why else do you want to introduce him to me?”

“Take a look and see if he can be your lawyer. Your American lawyer is good, but he is only familiar with American laws. He doesn’t understand Korean laws and he’s not going to be enough if you want to win your divorce case. On the other hand, my senior is an outstanding lawyer and he just won a 30 million dollar case right after graduating. Plus, he’s very good at English so there should be no problems for him to communicate with your American lawyer.”

After saying that, Sojung seemed to ponder over something before throwing down her cards. Jiyeon nervously placed a hand over her knee and said with a guilty conscience: “This….I temporarily won’t need any lawyer.”

Sojung gave her a strange look. “What do you mean you ‘temporarily’ won’t need a lawyer?”

Jiyeon still had the pair of jokers that she wanted to use in the most critical moment and her heart was filled with a deep sense of powerlessness and desolation. She collapsed and complained, “Why is your luck so good!”

Sojung smiled smugly, “It’s not that I’m lucky, but that I can count cards. I knew the pair of jokers were in your hands. Feel stupid now? You held onto your cards so long that you suffocated yourself.”

Jiyeon may be able to bear a loss, but she cannot bear the ridicule and mocking of the winner. After three seconds of silence, she suddenly turned his head and asked Dayoung innocently, “Do you know that recently she created another calligraphy work?”

Sojung: “…..”

Dayoung turned and asked Jiyeon, “What kind of calligraphy? I’ve seen one of her works before, something about a lifetime of regret’ or something.”

Jiyeon clapped her hands happily, “Yes, it’s the follow-up work to that last calligraphy! This time it’s even more beautiful than the last one. Sojung ah, why don’t you take it out and let Dayoung appreciate it?”

Sojung: “…..”

She stayed silent for a few seconds and then changed the subject, “Why did you say you temporarily won’t need a lawyer just now?”