13

When they returned home, Jiyeon fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. She had received too much psychological simulation these past few days so her mind and body were exhausted.

When she woke up the next day and finished eating breakfast, she saw Hyunjung sitting on the couch with her head down while looking at her phone. The way she sat was always proper and elegant, even when relaxing on the couch. She was holding her phone about 30 centimeters from her chest and diligently scrolling through the screen, reading each word on the page.

Jiyeon sat on the edge of the dining table and propped her chin on her hand as she observed Hyunjung. The more she looked at her, the more charming she felt like the scene before she was.

“Mommy, I want to go to the arcade! I want to play in the ball pit!”

Juyeon rushed into Hyunjung's arms and ruined the charming atmosphere. The picturesque scenery quickly disappeared.

Hyunjung picked up her daughter who had almost fallen over, “We can’t go today, we have to take Mama to the hospital for a check-up. How about we go next week instead?”

What does a check-up mean? Juyeon has no concept of it. For her, she simply had to follow the orders the adults gave her. Even if Hyunjung was to bring her to a nightclub, she would follow obediently and without objection.

At the hospital, they used the medical staff’s entrance and parked in their underground parking lot. Hyunjung had given the hospital employees a heads-up before they arrived so they did not have to wait in line or fill out any forms. Therefore, they were directly led into a private room without having to do anything.

The examination was done quickly and efficiently and soon a diagnosis was made. The doctor who carried out the examination was a famous neurologist known throughout the country. The diagnosis he gave was the same as the private hospital had given. He couldn’t find anything either and the most he could say was that Jiyeon was a little bit anemic.

Hyunjung could not understand this diagnosis, “How can a perfectly healthy person suddenly forget years’ worth of memories? How can you not find the cause for this?”

The old neurologist was also feeling rather vexed. He has practiced medicine for so many years and he has never seen such a situation before. Jiyeon aroused his fighting spirit and renewed his scientific curiosity. If it were not for her special status, he would have already set up a research group to analyze her condition.

Juyeon was sitting silently on the couch. She had been listening the entire time and it took her a while before she was able to somewhat understand the words the doctor used.

She raised her head and looked at Jiyeon with a panicked expression, “Mama, you don’t remember me anymore?”

Hearing this question, Jiyeon turned to look at Hyunjung who paused before walking over and squatting in front of Juyeon, “It’s not that your Mama doesn’t remember you, in fact, how can she forget you? You’re her precious baby. What she doesn’t remember are the little things that have happened in the past and some other details. You must help your Mama remember, alright?”

Jiyeon felt her heart jump into her throat because Juyeon's current expression looked like she was about to cry. But then she relaxed after hearing her mommy's words. To the little kid, as long as her mother remembers her, she doesn’t care about anything else.

A child’s world is both so innocent yet so cruel = =

She nodded furiously, “Mama, I will help you! I will help you defeat this disease!”

Jiyeon felt that it was a little funny. Despite everyone telling her how smart she is, isn’t she just a 4-year-old little bean sprout in the end? They fooled her easily with just a few words, why did she even bother being so nervous?