16

Jiyeon picked up the first script, flipped about two pages, and then put it down again. She picked up the second script, did the same thing, and only read a few pages before putting it down. After repeating this a few more times, her eyes suddenly lit up on a particular script.

She glanced at Dayoung: “This one seems quite interesting.”

Dayoung leaned forward and read the title printed on the cover of the script. Her expression fell flat, “I gave you that one by mistake. This script should’ve been sent over to Kim Hyunjung's agent.”

She grabbed the script back and then gave a quick explanation when she saw the puzzled look in Jiyeon's eyes, “This is a highly-invested big production that will start shooting in the second half of the year. We won’t be able to make it in time. Wait another year and I’ll find you an even better script for you to work with.”

Technically, when she said they wouldn’t be able to make it in time, she didn’t mean they didn’t have enough time but that Jiyeon didn’t have enough time to build up her skills. Although Jiyeon likes the script, she needs to stick to something she can do with her current level.

She understood this fact and didn’t argue with Dayoung as she continued looking through the other scripts.

The scripts Dayoung gave her were all for movies. Each script was about a hundred pages at most and could easily be skimmed through. Half an hour later, her page-turning suddenly slowed down.

She raised her head and showed the title on the cover of the script to Dayoung, “What about this one?”

《Barrier Lake》

For a second there, Dayoung couldn’t remember where she got the script. She grabbed the script and flipped through it, before landing on the page where the screenwriter and casting director’s names were. They were people she recognized and knew, but most of their past productions have been pretty mediocre so they weren’t exactly famous in the entertainment circle.

Dayoung nodded, “I will ask them about it later. Meanwhile, you should go back first and watch your movies. When the contract is ready, I’ll notify you and you can come in and sign it.”

Jiyeon nodded in agreement and walked out with Hoseok following behind her. Not long after they walked out, a young woman appeared in front of her. Although Jiyeon's gaze did not change, the other party’s expression showed shock and some pleasant surprise.

“Kim Jiyeon?!”

She was already halfway out the door, but when she heard the other party call her name, she quickly stepped back and smiled at the woman, “Good morning.”

“Good morning……” The actress who's under Dayoung felt that this sudden greeting was rather strange, but since the other party took the initiative, of course, she had to reply, “You’re a very famous person on the internet right now! I just saw your picture. "

Jiyeon smiled politely, “Really? I’ll take a look at it later.”

The actress also smiled back and then looked Jiyeon up and down, “You’ve changed so much! If it weren’t for my habit of scrolling through Twitter every day, I would not have recognized you! I heard from Dayoung that you’ve been studying abroad. How was it? Are you considered a veteran actress now?”

Although Jiyeon seemed calm on the surface, she was panicking on the inside.

Who is this woman and could she stop talking with her?!!

“You flatter me. Although I studied abroad, I haven’t learned much. I feel the same as before.”

The woman exaggeratedly rolled her eyes, “There you go being modest again.”