19

The visitor was Hyunjung's mother. Before Jiyeon could even react, she heard Auntie Li downstairs suddenly say, "Madam is at home, she's putting the Young Miss to bed. Let me call her down for you."

"No need. I will be going up by myself."

Hyunjung's mom first went to Juyeon's room to take a look only to find that the child was already asleep. She paused to stare at her for a few seconds before she walked out again and knocked on Jiyeon's door.

This house was recently bought by Hyunjung at the end of last year, but she had only officially moved in when her wife and child had returned. Her mom has only been here once, but she already knows about the matter of them sleeping in separate rooms.

As she waited for the door to open, she looked at the closed door on the opposite side and sighed silently.

The door opened before she could finish sighing and her expression stiffened before she quickly put on a smiling face, "Jiyeon, am I bothering you?"

Jiyeon clasped her hands behind her back and stepped to the side with a smile, "No, no, come on in."

When her mother-in-law knocked on the door, she sent a message to her wife at the speed of life and death, but she didn't know if the other party had seen it yet.

As Hyunjung's mom walked in, she quietly slid her phone to the side and out of sight as she sat down opposite her.

Neither of them spoke and the two could only smile awkwardly at each other.

She didn't understand. She's smiling awkwardly because she doesn't know her, but why is this person smiling awkwardly back at her?

Hyunjung's mom nervously tapped the armrest of the sofa and then suddenly brought up a topic, " I've read the news. You did good, everyone likes you now. Seeing you like this...it seems you are ready to make a comeback?"

"I've already started my comeback, my manager is looking into a script for me as we speak."

"Oh...." she grew quiet for a while and then suddenly her eyes lit up, "Or why don't I invest in a movie, you can play the lead and then let Hyunjung co-star with you, how about it?"

Co-star with Hyunjung???? Does she even have the qualifications to do that?

She quickly shook her head like a rattle drum, "N-No need."

However, the other person was quite persistent, "What's the matter? We're all one family! I'll provide the money, so you don't have to worry about making too much or too little. And as your first film for your comeback, we of course have to make sure to shoot the best film possible!"

Jiyeon felt distressed, "Auntie, I don't need it! We already have a plan arranged for me!"

"....Auntie?" her mother-in-law's expression stiffened.

In the heat of the moment, she forgot to change the honorific! Jiyeon wished she could knock herself out right now.

The old lady's face collapsed. She was even more cautious than before and looked even more obedient than when Jiyeon was being scolded by Hyunjung, "Are you still angry with me?"

Jiyeon: "Huh?"

"I know that back then it was my fault. I should not have 'treated gold like a stone' nor should I have used that girl Luda as an excuse, but isn't that all in the past? I-I understand that I was wrong. Your father-in-law and your wife's grandparents have already scolded me for it and Hyunjung hasn't properly talked to me for years because of this. Besides, after the two of you got married, I regarded you as my daughter. Tell me, have I treated you badly these past few years? I treat you even better than your wife, so why won't you call me mom anymore?"