17

Jiyeon immediately called Chu Sojung to verify this new piece of info.

When she told her friend what she heard, the woman who was sitting in her office almost jumped three feet into the air.

"Don't listen to her nonsense! Who is her ex-girlfriend, at best we are just acquaintances!"

Jiyeon: "So you did not have a relationship with her?

"No!"

"You really didn't?"

"I really didn't!"

"Chu Sojung!"

"What?"

"You're picking at the edges of your chair right now, aren't you?"

"....."

Sojung raised her head and tried to see if there was a monitor installed on the ceiling.

Jiyeon laughed arrogantly as she sat in the car, "I knew there was something fishy. So, tell me, what exactly happened?"

Everyone is an adult now, who doesn't have some sort of black history in their relationships?

As the saying goes 'birds of a feather flock together. She and Jiyeon have been good friends for so many years now. Although their personalities are different, their innate character is very similar and in terms of love and relationships, they were both respectively not very good at it.

Although Jiyeon may have gotten married due to "destined fate", if she had never met Hyunjung, she would be just like Sojung. A single woman in her late twenties who's been flying solo her entire life. And although Jiyeon was able to make one peach blossom bloom, it was a rather rotten peach blossom.

Sojung stammered, "W-what do mean fishy? I am an honest person....why are you asking so much? Have I ever asked you so many questions about your affairs?"

"You asked quite a bit, that's for sure."

"......"

Under Jiyeon's pestering, she finally told the truth. Meanwhile, Hoseok was driving the car with great focus. The voice of Jiyeon talking on the phone was a messy background noise for him, and he didn't even pay attention to her words until she started laughing.

"One.... one-night stand?!! Even you have times where you f*ck up! Hahahahahahaha!"

She couldn't stop laughing. Jiyeon never thought that Sojung would do a one-night stand, and according to her own words, she was the one who left after eating her fill. She woke up first and then ran away as fast as she could, taking the dreaded walk of shame.

Sojung's face darkened to the color of the bottom of a black pot as she listened to the cheerful laughter coming from the other side.

Finally, after Jiyeon felt like she had laughed enough, she wiped away her tears and then cleared her throat as she said in a whisper, "Deputy Section Chief Chu, you're quite an amazing person."

"....The point is, she is not my ex-girlfriend! Dayoung's words are completely and utterly ridiculous! What 'can't forget about her, she's simply exaggerating too much!"

Jiyeon curled up in the passenger seat and rubbed the leather decoration on the car door with her index finger, "So you're saying that after you slept with her and abandoned her, she didn't try calling you again?"

Slept with her and abandoned her...these words were too.....fitting = =

Sojung meekly replied, "She only tried about five or six times......only five or six times, this couldn't be counted as being unable to forget me, right?"