23

The sounds of rapid knocking on her door made Hyunjung lookup. She opened the door in her pajamas only to almost get hit by the screen of a cellphone that was thrusted into her face.

"You're going to be a judge???"

She leaned back and saw the text on the screen. She nodded, "Soobin asked me if I could do it. Since the program's not bad and you are in it, I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to work together and so I agreed."

Jiyeon was confused, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Although Hyunjung knew every little detail of her schedule (where she is, what she's doing, etc), she knew nothing about the other's schedule.

Hyunjung didn't answer and tidied the collar on Jiyeon's shirt. From time to time, she would do these small little actions such as tidying her hair, putting a cup of water into her hand, fixing her earrings when they were crooked, and so on. At first, Jiyeon felt rather uncomfortable with these moments of casual intimacy, but now she didn't even notice these little movements anymore.

"I wanted to surprise you."

Hyunjung flattened the collar twice, adjusting it carefully, before standing up straight and smiling at her, "So how was it? Are you surprised? Happy?"

Jiyeon looked at her silently, not knowing what to say. If she is a judge for the show, why should she be happy? Unless Hyunjung was planning on showing favoritism and throwing the game for her?

She stayed silent. No matter how dense she is, even she could see that Hyunjung had absolutely no intentions of divorcing her and showed all the signs of 'boiling the frog with lukewarm water'* and she, in this case, was the frog. Once she gradually gets used to this kind of lifestyle, she'll be trapped for a lifetime.

"She" wants to get a divorce, but Hyunjung doesn't want to. Previously Hyunjung had agreed to the divorce, which was probably the result of painstaking efforts and hard work from the pre-amnesia her, but now that she had lost her memory, all that work was for naught. And Hyunjung has never once mentioned their previous affairs when her amnesia was discovered, so the current divorce plan was naturally put on pause.

Jiyeon withdrew her phone and raised her eyes, "Then, we're going to shoot this variety show together?"

"We're not going to shoot every episode together and I'm not even going to be in the first phase of the show." Hyunjung indifferently took a step back and acted that her step back was an unintentional move.

Jiyeon looked at the space Hyunjung had made. This little move was clearly a suggestion for her to enter.

She paused for two seconds before she clasped her hands behind her back and squirmed a little awkwardly, "So it turns out that there aren't going to be any judges in the first phase, good to know. Ok then, I'm going back first."

After speaking, she turned around to leave. When she turned around, she didn't see how Hyunjung's eyes darkened significantly.

It looks like she's been pushing too much. (Hyunjung)

She felt a little frustrated when Jiyeon suddenly turned back around and stretched out an index finger with a smile on her face, as if she had just remembered something and was laughing at how bad her memory was. However, she didn't have time to hide the emotions on her face and so Jiyeon saw Hyunjung's calculating and dark expression for the first time and was shocked.

Hyunjung herself was startled and immediately put on a gentle expression, "Is there anything else?"

"Ah? ....Oh, yeah, I just forgot to say that tomorrow the kindergarten is throwing a parent-child activity for the Dragon Boat Festival. The children and their parents will be making zongzi*and make paper dragon boats together. Are you going?"