Trust issues

Mercedes

As customers left, I cleaned up before closing the bar. I glanced at Jordin sitting at the bar and noticed him alone. What happened to that redhead with him?

I walked over to him to check on him. "Did you need a refill?"

Jordin lifted his head and looked at me with his brow arched. "Why? Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"No, but you've been nursing the same drink for the past few hours." I pointed to the almost empty tumbler.

"I prefer to take my time and enjoy my beverage."

"Oh, do you know?"

"Yeah, don't you?"

I leaned on the bar top with my arms crossed. "I'm not much of a drinker."

Jordin nodded.

"So, what happened to your girlfriend?"

"What, girlfriend?" Jordin queried his brow.

"The woman that was sitting with you."

"I have no idea who the woman was. She approached me." Jordin shrugged.

"The woman seemed like she knew you."

"No." Jordin shook his head. "She wanted to go back to her place."

"Why didn't you go with her?"

"I didn't come here to meet a woman. I needed to think."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Jordin drained the remaining whiskey in his glass and stood up. "Maybe another time. See ya, Mercedes."

I straightened up. "Yeah, see ya."

Jordin walked toward the exit and left the hotel bar. I finished cleaning up, then locked up. Jeff would arrive in the morning to get the bar ready.

After locking up, I walked to my car and headed home.

******
Jordin

I pulled into the driveway, got out, and walked into the house. Odin, Sofie, and Kyler sat in the living room, eating ice cream and watching horror movies.

"How was the party?" I asked.

"It was a success. The kids had a blast," Kyler said.

"You should come," Odin said.

"Hanging out with kids isn't my thing. Night." I walked past the others and headed to my bedroom.

I changed my clothes as my phone rang. "Hello?"

I swear to God, I will hurt our dads.

I chuckled and sat on my bed. "What happened?"

Those idiots locked us in an abandoned nuthouse and chased us around. I decked Oliver.

I roared with laughter.

It's not funny, Jordin.

"Casper, you know how much our family enjoys Halloween. Why does this surprise you?"

It doesn't. So, how are things with you?

"Same old, same old. Why?"

Oliver mentioned you've been moody.

"I've been dealing with some stuff."

Do you want to talk about it?

"Not really."