Christmas Day

Jordin

Christmas arrived, and so did Oliver's special services. Since Casper and I were the minister's kids, we got the pleasure of sitting up front with our respective significant others.

That's okay. Odin and Liam had to join us since our folks and grandparents sat in the first pew. If we had to suffer, so did Odin and Liam.

Now, let me break it down to you our seating arrangement. It was Mercedes, me, Casper, Hayes, Odin, Sofie, Liam, and Kate in the second pew. Grandpa Major, Grammy Luna, Grandpa Mason, Nana Skyler, Conner, Uncle Owen, and Aunt Wendy were in the front pew. Grandpa JJ, Grandma Lydia, Uncle Bradley, Aunt Hazel, and Jace sat behind us in the third pew. Did you get all that?

This is where it gets interesting. While Oliver performed his Christmas Service, Casper whispered to me.

"Marty called me last night."

"About what?"

"He dropped a bombshell on me."

"What bombshell?"

"Did you know Devin is Reese's father?"

"Say what?"

"What are those idiots talking about?" Odin asked Hayes.

"Casper told Jordin that Devin is Reese's dad," Hayes said.

"What?"

"Yeah, I guess Reese found out when she and Rafe got the Christmas decorations from the attic."

"What the hell?"

Oliver stopped preaching as everyone turned to us.

"Do you mind?" Owen asked.

"Sorry," Odin mumbled.

"Can I continue, or would you like to swear some more?" Oliver asked Odin.

"Forgive me, father."

"We'll see if you're forgiven later. Pray to God."

"Yeah, don't threaten my boy," Owen told Oliver.

"Pipe down when you're in the whispering house," Oliver told Owen.

"Do you want to go?"

"Can't you two behave for a few hours?" Grandpa Mason asked.

"Then tell Oliver to knock it off," Owen said.

"Why don't you knock it off? You're ruining your brother's beautiful service," Nana told Owen.

"Oliver, dear, please continue," Grammy Luna said.

"Thanks, Grammy." Oliver started his service again.

Odin tapped Hayes to switch spots, which Hayes did. Once he was sitting next to Casper, he leaned into us. "What do you mean Devin is Reese's dad?"

"I guess Reese found her birth certificate with Devin's name listed as the father," Casper said.

"Why did Marty call you?" I asked.

"Why not? Did you think Rafe would call me?" Casper put his finger and thumb to the side of his head. "Oh, hey, it's Raphael. While looking for Master Splinter, Devin is Reese's daddy."

"But that doesn't explain why Marty called you," Odin said.

"Have you met Marty? He's the biggest gossip whore around," Casper said.

"Casper Timothy Harper!" Oliver yelled.

We snapped our heads to Oliver.

"Oh, shit. Dad said your full name," I said.