Confrontation

Oliver

I got up early before Conner and Jordin woke up and drove to Sarah's house. I stood on the porch and knocked on the front door.

A man answered. "Can I help you?"

"I would like a word with your wife."

"Can I ask what this is about?"

"Don't play stupid with me. I'm not in the mood. Now get your wife."

The guy turned and yelled, "Sarah, your son's adoptive father is here!"

I heard footsteps.

Sarah appeared at the front door. "Oliver? Is Jordin okay?"

"Don't act like you give a shit about Jordin."

"Can you please keep your voice down?" Sarah moved her hand up and down.

"No, I won't keep my voice down. You want to destroy my boy. I'll return the favor since your husband believed your damn lies!"

Sarah's husband turned to her. "What is he talking about?"

"Nothing." Sarah clenched her robe in her hands.

"You want to lie. I'll tell the truth. Your wife didn't get pregnant because the condom broke. She didn't bother to use one and abandoned her baby at the hospital because her dad is an abusive shithead."

Sarah's color drained from her face as her jaw opened.

"Is this true?" Her husband asked her.

Sarah lowered her gaze and whispered, "Yes."

"Why would you lie to me?"

"You didn't want Jordin to be a part of our lives."

"I find it interesting that God gives us his lambs to love. He never said toss them aside like trash," I said.

Sarah and her husband looked at me in disbelief.

"Jordin isn't trash. You are, and God will judge you on judgment day. Stay away from my boy, or I will demolish you." I turned, walked to my car, and headed home.

Sarah might not want Jordin, but I do. When Kayden placed him in my arms, was the minute my heart swelled. I couldn't imagine not having Jordin or Casper in my life.

******
Jordin

I woke up, used the bathroom, and headed to the kitchen to see Conner cooking breakfast. I checked to see what he was making.

"Hungry?" Conner asked.

"Hell, yeah."

"Don't let your dad hear you swear." Conner pointed the spatula at me.

I chuckled, grabbed a coffee, and sat down.

The front door opened and closed. Oliver walked into the kitchen, kissed the top of my head, then kissed Conner. "I love it when the boys come home."

"Why?" Conner asked

"You cook more."

Conner chuckled. "Where did you run off to this morning?"

"I confronted Sarah about her lies." Oliver grabbed a sliced of cooked bacon and bit into it.

"Why?" I asked.

"No one is allowed to lie about my family." Oliver pointed his piece of bacon at me.

I couldn't help but smile.

"And I called Owen and told him you needed a few days off. He said to take your time."

Uncle Owen never questioned Dad when he called about us. He understood why.