Plotting

Casper

Hayes and I were hanging out at the bakery, taking a break from the chaos at the house, when my phone rang. I dug it out of my jeans and answered it. "Yes?"

Is that any way to answer the phone?

"Nowadays, you never can tell. Did anyone tell you that you have the wrong brother?"

Are you with Liam?

"If you consider Liam working while I enjoy my coffee, then sure."

I need you to put your phone on speaker and grab him. We have a situation.

"What situation?"

Just put Liam on. I don't want to explain myself twice.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes, walked to the counter, pressed speakerphone, and waved Liam to me.

Liam came to the counter.

"Okay, you're on speakerphone."

"Good. We have a situation with Mercedes and Jordin."

"What did my idiot brother do?"

"Oh, he didn't do anything. His past fling did."

"Odin, what happened?" Liam asked.

"Cherisse slept with Mercedes's ex while he was with Mercedes."

"Say what?" I asked.

"Yeah. Cherisse showed up at Gabe's restaurant asking for Jordin. For here's the kicker. Cherisse is pregnant."

"What the fuck?" Liam asked.

Yeah, no shit. That was my sentiments exactly.

"But the pregnancy is a different situation. Jordin and Mercedes didn't know about the shit that Cherisse pulled. It's a huge misunderstanding," Odin said.

"No shit. What do my pappies have to say about this?" I asked.

"They're not happy, but they're handling it. That's not why I'm calling."

"Okay, so get to the point for your call."

"Mercedes and Jordin are playing Mary and Joseph in the pageant."

"Oh, this should be fun. We have a couple fighting while we watch the shit hit the fan."

"Not unless we intervene."

"Great. Well, the pageant should be interesting this year."

"This is what we'll do."

Liam and I listened as Odin explained the plan to us. Can you spell chaos, boys, and girls?

*******
Oliver

I found out what bar Cherisse worked at, thanks to Grayson filing paternity paperwork. I arrived at the bar, went inside, spotted Cherisse, walked over to the barstool, and sat down.

Cherisse made her way to me. "What can I get you?"

"A conversation."

Cherisse lifted her eyes to me as her color drained.

"You and I need to chat. Take a break."

Cherisse crossed her arms across her chest and glared at me.

"Okay, you want to do this the hard way. Sounds reasonable." I shrugged. "Fine. From the look of your belly, I would guess you're around seven months pregnant. That would mean you got knocked up in May. Jordin hooked up with you in April. How would I know? I was in Myrtle Beach with my other son during his spring break. Tell me if I'm wrong. Now, remember thou shall not lie is a commandment."