Well, aren't you special

Jordin

The following day, I picked up Mercedes. She showed me where her parents lived. I pulled in front of a colonial-style house, got out, and followed Mercedes to the front door.

Mercedes opened the door. "Is anyone home?"

"Where else would we be?" A girl asked.

Mercedes rolled her eyes and waved me to follow her. I entered the house as Mercedes closed the door.

"Jordin, meet my baby sister, Mackenzie or Kenzie for short," Mercedes said.

"Hey."

"Hey, yourself. How much did Mercedes pay you?"

I curled my brow.

"I didn't pay Jordin anything." Mercedes rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure? He's hot, and you're not." Kenzie pointed at Mercedes.

I arched my brow.

"I swear to God. I will hurt you!" Mercedes huffed.

"Ignore the twatwaffle. She's pissy because no guy is dumb enough to date her," another girl said.

"Jordin, meet my middle sister, Marla," Mercedes said.

"Hey," I said with a nod.

"I give Mercedes credit. You're better looking than that douche she dated. How the hell any woman would hop on his dick is beyond me?" Marla shrugged.

Mercedes placed her palm on her face.

"Marla and Kenzie, stop harassing your sister before I make you do hard labor," a man in a gruff voice said.

"Jordin, this is my dad, Ben," Mercedes said.

I extended my hand.

Ben took it and shook it. "Sylvia mentioned Mercedes was bringing company to dinner."

"I introduced Mercedes to my dads yesterday," I mentioned, gauging Ben's response.

"How did that go?"

"Oliver gave his stamp of approval. Conner was happy to meet Mercedes."

"A father's approval is important."

"Yeah, it is."

"Out of my way!" A petite woman pushed Ben and Mercedes out of the way. She threw her arms around me and squeezed me.

Holy hell!

The woman released me, held onto my arms, and studied me. "I approve."

Huh?

"Mom, you don't know anything about this goober," Kenzie said.

Mercedes's mom released me and turned to Kenzie. "Your sister said Jordin isn't a bum. His clothes aren't ripped or dirty. I trust your sister's word."

"Did you know Jordin has two dads?"

"So what? You make it sound like it's a bad thing. It's not. I don't care if his dads have two heads. I care whether he's a slime." Mercedes's mom turned to me. "I'm Sylvia. Ignore my mouthy daughters. Wolves raised them." Sylvia looped her arm around me. "Come with me."

Um, okay.

********
Mercedes

I shook my head as my mom dragged Jordin to the dining room table. My dad chuckled as my sisters bickered.

After sitting down at the table, we passed dishes of food around the table and placed food onto our plates.

"Would you like to say grace?" My mom asked Jordin.