Dealing with an issue

Oliver

After our surprise visit, I called Grayson and explained we needed to talk to him. He argued with me. Then I reminded him of the time he stole a cop car. He conceded and met with us.

Grayson sat in the living room with us and dug through a leather briefcase. "I swear between you, your brother, and Elias, I can't catch a break."

"Then don't drag us into your stupid shit," I said.

Conner rolled his eyes.

"Fine." Grayson pulled out a notepad and pen to take notes. "Now, explain the situation to me."

I let Conner go first.

"This past spring break, Jordin slept with a barmaid while we were out of town. The woman contacted Jordin a few months ago and claimed she was pregnant with his baby."

"Uh, huh. And what did Jordin do?"

"He said he used protection and asked for a paternity test."

"Did the woman agree to Jordin's request?"

"No, not from Jordin told us."

"I see." Grayson jotted notes in the notepad, then looked at us. "For a father's name to be placed on the birth certificate, he must agree to a paternity test or agree the child is his. A hospital will not list a name on a birth certificate without proper identification."

"The woman is pregnant from the appearance of her stomach," I said.

"People can use a fake pregnancy pad to make people believe a lie. A doctor will confirm any pregnancy or paternity. Now, what do you want from me?"

"We want a court order for a paternity test."

"Have you spoken to Jordin about this situation yet?"

"Not yet. He's our next call. I wanted to seek legal advice before proceeding."

"It's a smart move and protects someone from getting railroaded. Talk to Jordin first, then contact me. I need him to push for a paternity test."

We nodded. Grayson packed up his stuff and headed out. After he left, I rubbed my face. This call was one I didn't want to make.

*******
Jordin

Mercedes and I were snuggled together on her couch, watching a movie, when my phone rang. I answered it. "Hey, Dad." I listened to Oliver. "Uh, huh. Huh. Uh, okay." I ended the call.

Mercedes looked at me with curiosity.

"I need to leave. My dads need to talk to me about something."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, it's okay." I got up and grabbed my coat.

Mercedes followed me to the front door.

After putting on my, I kissed her. "I'll call you later."

"Okay."

I left her apartment and headed to my dads' house. Oliver wouldn't elaborate on the phone but said there was an issue. God, I hope it's not Casper.

*****
Oliver

Conner and I waited until Jordin arrived to talk to hun about our surprise visit. From his reaction, he wasn't happy about the visitor.

"Please tell me you didn't tell Cherisse where I was," Jordin said.

"No, we didn't." Conner shook his head.

"Have you spoken to this woman recently?" I asked.

"No. The last time I talked to her was when I told her I wanted a paternity test," Jordin said.