Visit

Bradley

After Kayden sent me the list of items needing correcting, I talked to Elias and Owen. They had Odin and Jordin help me. Once we fixed everything, I emailed Kayden to inform him.

Now, it's time to wait.

******
Jordin held the top cabinets in place as I secured them to the wall. We finished hanging the top cabinets before moving to the bottom cabinets. I drilled screws into the wall and secured them.

My phone rang. I handed Jordin the drill and answered it. "Hello?"

I submitted your application and requirements to the State. I received approval for you and Hazel to foster a child.

I put my hand on the back of my head and pressed my lips together. "Are you sure? Please tell me you're not joking."

Bradley, I'm optimistic.

Everyone stopped and looked at me.

"You don't know how much this means to us. I prayed every night that God would answer our prayers."

You can consider your prayers answered. Would you like to meet the child that you will foster?

"Yes!"

Kayden chuckled. Can you and Hazel meet me at the Oakridge Center for Children?

"When?"

In two hours. It will give you a chance to meet your foster child.

"Uh, yeah."

I'll see you in a few. Congrats, Bradley. Kayden ended the call.

I dropped my head and released a breath.

"What did Kayden say?" Elias asked me.

I lifted my head as a smile appeared on my face. "The State approved us. We're getting a foster child!" I pumped my fist in excitement.

Everyone cheered and clapped. Owen whistled as Jordin hugged me.

"I need to call Hazel to meet Kayden at the Oakridge Center for Children," I mentioned.

"Go," Elias said.

I nodded, called my wife, and drove home to change. I wanted to make a good impression on our foster child.

******
Hazel bounced in her seat as I drove to the center. "Do you think our foster child will like us?"

"I hope so."

"Are we getting a boy or girl?"

"Kayden didn't say."

"We can go shopping for clothes and toys. Wait. What if it's a baby? We'll need a crib."

"Let's wait until we meet the child. I don't want to scare them."

"Oh, right."

I pulled into the parking lot and parked. Hazel and I got out and hurried into the center to find Kayden waiting. We shook his hand before he led us to a room.

"I had Kyler reserve a room for the meeting. We will stay while you visit with the child because I want to ensure it's a good fit for both of you."

I nodded.

When we reached the room, Hazel and I entered to find Kyler with a little boy sitting at a table. The little boy had sandy brown hair and steel grey eyes and sat with his hands folded. We approached the little boy as he sat still.

Kayden crouched next to him. "Jace, I want to introduce you to Bradley and Hazel Wilson."

Jace stood up and held out his little hand. "It's nice to meet you."