New employee

Kyler

Mercedes helped me to get ready for the new employee while my idiot cousins did something cute. They signed me up for Romeo's dating sight.

Everyone stood in Odin's living room as I tried not to lose my shit.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked Roman and Ryden.

"What? Weren't you the one belly-aching about finding a date for the charity event?" Roman asked.

"I don't even know what anyone looks like since no one posts pictures," I told Roman.

"That's the whole point. Are you slow or something?" Ryden asked.

Odin had to keep me from beating Ryden's ass. "I'm sure the idiot brothers were trying to help you."

"Oh, they're idiots, alright," I snapped.

"I'm glad I don't have this issue," Jordin said.

We looked at Jordin as Mercedes and Sofie laughed.

"You're not helping," Odin told Jordin.

"I didn't get signed up on Romeo's dating site by Frick and Frack." Jordin shrugged.

I placed my hand on my face and raked it down. Why? Why? Can someone explain why I have two cousins for idiots?

"I'm sure everything will be fine," Mercedes said.

We looked at Mercedes like she was on crack. She might be a good employee, but she didn't have the first clue about the twins and their stupidity.

*********
Rachel

After switching my classes from morning to evening, it freed me to work at the center. January 15 arrived, and I dressed in business casual. I wanted to look professional while being comfortable.

I pulled on my winter coat, grabbed my purse, and headed out. It didn't take me long to arrive at the center. I approached the front door, opened it, stepped inside, and brushed the snow from my coat.

Mercedes greeted me. "Hey, Rachel."

"Hey, Mercedes." I gave Mercedes a friendly smile.

"Kyler mentioned we were getting a new employee. I wasn't aware the center hired you. But I'm glad."

"I was hoping to get a job here since it would give me experience with my degree in social work. Plus, Sofie volunteers here."

"Sofie volunteers after school to earn credit for school."

"So, what is Kyler like? The email from Kayden Harper said Kyler would be my boss."

"Kyler is sweet and Kayden Harper's son."

My brows lifted in surprise. "Oh."

"Don't worry. Kayden handles the center's budget while Kyler oversees the center. He reports any issues with kids to Kayden so Kayden can investigate."

I nodded, listening to Mercedes explain things to me. She led me to a room to hang up my coat and lock up my purse. Once I got situated, Mercedes showed me around the center and explained everything.

"The kids come here to socialize with other kids or if their parents work. It gives us a chance to observe the kids and sight any issues."

"It sounds simple enough."

"Did you want to meet Kyler since you'll be his personal assistant?"

"Lead the way." I smiled.

Mercedes led me to an office and knocked on the open door. A light-skinned man sat behind a desk with his head down. When he lifted his head, my breath caught in my throat. Whoa.

"Hey, Mercedes," the man said in a silky smooth voice.

I studied the man's features. He had light chocolate skin, a black goatee, short black hair, and bronze eyes. He was striking and reminded me of Shemar Moore.

"Kyler, I wanted to introduce you to Rachel Moore." Mercedes held her palm out to me.

Kyler rose from his seat. He had a lean, muscular body as his clothes hugged his body. Damn. Kyler held his hand out to me.

I took it and shook it as my body felt like it was on fire.

"It's nice to meet you, Rachel."

I forced a smile to hide my nervousness. "It's nice to meet you, too."

"Why don't you have a seat? We can go over a few things."

I nodded and took a seat. Mercedes left us alone to get acquainted.

"So, you're studying social work. What made you decide on this field?"

I contemplated Kyler's question for a minute. "I want to help kids. I have a friend that was in foster care." It wasn't a complete lie since Daria spent time in foster care.

"Most people have a hard time with foster kids. But fostering is important. It keeps the kids from ending up on the streets."

"What made you decide to work in this field?"

"My pops and uncle were in the foster system before my gramps adopted them. My pops studied to become a social worker. I found it admirable."

I nodded in agreement.

Kyler flipped through a few pages. "Now, you'll work beside me and help me with schedules and events. The center is having a charity event to raise money. The money will fund supplies for the kids."

"It sounds interesting."

"And I will need your help with something else."

"Whatever you need, I can help."

"I'm so glad that you said that. My idiot cousins signed me up for a dating site."

I opened my mouth and raised my brow.

"They thought it would be cute to find me a date to take to the charity event. I didn't and almost beat their asses."

I could help the giggle that escaped my lips.

"I just need to help me weed out the bad apples."

"Um, I'm not sure what you want me to do."

"Anything would be helpful."

"Um, okay. I'll try my best."

"You're a lifesaver. Okay, let's go over some upcoming events."

I nodded as Kyler discussed upcoming activities. It just sucks that my new boss was hot and off-limits. It's even worse that I had to field his dates for him. That was just my luck.

So, we had an emotional rollercoaster with Jordin and his journey to finding love. Yeah, I'm sure everyone wanted to hurt me. But it all worked out, didn't it?

Now, if you didn't notice, you got a sneak peek of Kyler's book. Thanks to Roman and Ryden's infinite wisdom, Kyler joined Romeo's dating site. What could go wrong with having Romeo Harper involved in this situation?

Don't answer that because we know. Expect phone calls from a Harper brother as Kyler searches for love. Will he find a love connection online, or is it closer than he realizes?

You will find out in the next book.

Angel