Chapter 23

Short chapter ahead...
Love
Hareem

Sydney was as beautiful as ever. Life was in full swing. Amal looked outside the window at the passing cars at Harbour Bridge.  Her aunt was ecstatic to see her there.

She welcomed her with open arms, showed her all the love and took her out to see places when she felt Amal was feeling down. She knew something was up but never pushed. Amal felt like she was on a breaking point with all the stress and anxiety.

One minute she was ok and another minute she was bawling her eyes out. Her emotions were all over the place. She just wanted to shut down.

After all feelings are never the same, if one is not strong enough they take their toll on you. Enough to drive you insane. And in this insane world Farjaad was not the sanest choice.
She didn’t realize when the car stopped and the driver turned around to look at her.

“Ma’am?” Amal looked at him without comprehending what he was saying.

“Huh?” She said rubbing her eyes in tiredness.

“We are here.” She looked outside the window to see her aunt’s house and released a deep breath.

“Thank you Steve.” Answering him politely she opened the door and got out of the car. Entering the house she locked the door and sat on the sofa. She was exhausted.

Closing her eyes she noticed the silence in the house. Aunt was probably at work still. She left the car and driver for Amal in a kind gesture. Smiling she got, went to room to change. Coming back downstairs she sat on a leather sofa and turned the tv on.

She glanced at the kitchen and noticed a note sticking to the fridge. Getting up Amal made her way to the fridge and pulled out the note.

“Gone for the night. There is an emergency at the hospital. House is all yours, make sure to lock all the doors and please eat something.. I am worried. Love Sara.”

“That was a detailed note Aunt Sara.” She mumbled reading it and throwing it into the dustbin afterwards.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
“When did you get there lala?” Hassan asked in a sleepy voice while Farjaad got out of the airport.

“Just now, I am getting out of the airport.” Farjaad moved forward looking at the paper in his hand where the address was written.

“So, now what?” Hassan asked laying back again on the bed closing his eyes.

“I’ll go see her.” He replied in a duh tone.

“You mean, you are not going to the hotel?” Hassan asked with his eyes now wide open in astonishment.

“Yes.” Farjaad replied in a calm tone that confirmed that he was indeed not going to the hotel.

“Well, its your funeral then, let me know if you want me to come all over there from here to pick you up from a police station or anywhere else after she obviously calls the cops on you.”

Listening to his brother Farjaad smiled.

“Shut up Hassan.” He replied smiling and disconnected the call.
……………………………………………………
Groggily opening her eyes Amal looked at her surroundings. The lamp that she left on before sleeping was still on, sighing she got up to turn it off when she heard a crash downstairs and froze.

She sat on the bed immobile with fear. The sound was too close. Her room was on first floor immediately after the stairs ended and she could hear everything. She was now used to hear Aunt Sara working in the kitchen when she came back from the hospital. But she already left a note.

Next she heard was a chair scrapping. Leaving the bed in an alarmed state, she got up and wore her slippers.
She felt her heart beating loudly in her chest as fear paralyzed her.

May be aunt Sara is back….

She thought and went out of the room taking a baseball bat with her. Her grip on the bat was so tight that her knuckles turned white.

Peeking downstairs she silently assessed the situation, a black leather jacket was hanging at the back of the dining chair.

Stove was on and a suitcase was there with the side of the wall.
Suitcase??

Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion when she saw it and looked around for anything else.

Definitely not Aunt Sara…she thought
Sweat was rolling down at the back of her neck while her hands shook with anxiety and fear.

And then she saw a man sitting in the sofa in a relaxed stance with his back to her busy on his phone.

A thief with a suitcase?

What the hell..

Panting slightly she moved forward to hit him with full force when he suddenly got up and turned around.