Chapter 4

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

Love

Hareem :)

Farjaad felt her breathing getting lighter and lighter .He was carrying her effortlessly in his arms trying to find a way out of the dark jungle. Half an hour passed and he saw a little cottage and his steps came to a halt.

He looked at the fragile girl in his arms and irritation ran through his entire system.

"Shouldn't have brought her with me" He muttered angrily and shook her lightly.

"Hey..get up". He tried to wake her up but didn't realize that she was fainted.

"Hey,women..get up". He said a little loudly this time but got no response.

"Amal" He took her name this time and felt a little strange. Her face was getting pale and he looked at her strangely like she was some sort of a different specimen.

"Is she unconscious"?! He muttered to himself and almost gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Yeah,about time you realized that Farjaad.. His mind retorted at him.

Taking a deep breath he moved towards the cottage and called for help in a loud voice.

"Is anyone in there. We need help"!

"Anybody"?..

It wasn't that he was tired but he was irritated as hell and he hated her with all his guts and carrying her like this was making him uncomfortable. While he was thinking of moving forward ,the gate to the cottage opened revealing an almost sixty year old lady.

She looked a little weirdly at Farjaad and then her eyes stopped on Amal's unconscious figure in his arms.

Changing her tone she asked in a hard voice .

"Yes"?

"Umm..actually we got lost in the jungle and uhh my..uh..my wife fainted and her foot is bleeding.Can you help us or do you have a phone or something"? He himself had no idea why he called her his wife.The person he hated the most, the girl he loathed with all his heart.

"She is your wife"? The lady asked in a lighter tone this time.

"Yes" He gave her an expressionless face and after a few seconds the lady said.

"Just so you know I own my husband's rifle and if you by chance try to steal anything or do anything suspicious ,I will shoot you.You understand me young man."! She said in a final tone and Farjaad almost stopped his chuckles.

He felt the old lady's threat adorable and tried to cover up his smile by clearing his throat.

"Yes ma'am".

"Come on in". She moved out of the way and he sighed finally finding some comfort in the little place.

He laid Amal down on the sofa and turned to look at the old lady who was now standing just behind him glaring at him like she was about to shoot him any minute.

Farjaad sighed again and kept his tone polite while saying..

"I mean no harm I promise". He kept his tone light and she nodded peeping at Amal from behind him.

"You have a beautiful wife,what happened to her"?

"Uhh well...We were camping with family and we got lost,we were trying to find them in the darkness when she stepped onto a glass shred". He lied immediately without a thought and avoided eye contact with her.