Chapter 5

Don't forget to vote , comment , recommend and share.

Beautiful song by James Arthur 'Say you won't let go'.

Love

Hareem 

After finishing her soup they were both ready to go.The old lady called her husband so that he can drop them out somewhere close to the road.After reaching the road Farjaad dialed Hunain's number waiting for him to receive the call.He received on the third ring.

While Farjaad tried to explain where they were Amal looked at the dark jungle behind her.It looked spooky and dangerous surrounded by utter silence.She shivered thinking that she was just in there.Her eyes landed on Farjaad and she looked at him mutely thinking what she would have done without him.Suddenly her ego crashed over her senses prohibiting her to think good about him any further.

She shook her head regretting her own thoughts and Farjaad glanced at her disconnecting the call.

"They are coming.They are one hour away from here.Meanwhile we have no option but to sit on this footpath and wait". He explained looking at the jungle and turned his head in the other direction looking at the abandoned road .The temperature was dropping with passing time.

Amal quietly sat on the footpath while Farjaad paced on the road.The night was chilly and the cool breeze made her wrap her shawl around her tightly.

Farjaad saw her shivering but didn't bother doing anything.She refused to ask for help from him and refused to acknowledge her shivery cold state.

Farjaad was also wearing a thin t shirt and that wasn't helping him either.

Amal's fingers started turning blue and just fifteen minutes passed with them sitting there.They had to sit there for an hour and her condition was getting worse.

After a few more minutes Amal felt difficulty in breathing as her whole face turned blue.Farjaad glanced at her listening to her harsh breathing and his brows furrowed looking at her face.

"Amal"? He asked and stopped pacing .He sat in front of her .Her face was losing colour and he realized what was happening.

"Dammit".. He shut his eyes in annoyance and grabbed her hand,she was freezing cold and he knew she'll die if she doesn't get enough heat in her body.There was nothing protecting them from the harsh cold and he gritted his teeth in frustration.

Amal was about to fall down when he caught her from the waist.

"Amal,stay with me..hey". He tapped her cheek lightly but in return he only heard her labored breathing.

"Shit'" . He sat down with her on the road pulled her on his lap without further thinking.He rubbed her hands with his trying to transfer some of his body's heat into her.Her eyes were partially open and when she realized she was on his lap ,she gasped lightly trying to push him back.

He held her down on his lap with one arm and rubbed her back soothingly.Amal flinched from his touch and tried to push him away.Her attempts were feeble due to lack of energy and her words were not complete.

"Let...go".. She said in a whisper and he ignored her.It was already hard enough for him to do what he was doing. After all they were enemies.

Amal put her hand on his chest trying to push him away but he didn't budged.

"What..are..y..doin"..? She tried to push him away.

"You are dying ,I am trying to keep you alive idiot.Stay still" He said with his mouth close to her ear.His warm breath on her ear made her shiver in his arms.

"Don't..do ..thi". She tried again but failed.

"Don't think too much.I am just trying to save your life.Being close to me will keep you a little warm." He replied in a serious tone avoiding her eyes and cursing Hunain for being so far from them..

Fighting with him for a few minutes she lost her battle and her head hit his chest in surrender.Farjaad listened to her light breathing as she kept her head on his warm chest trying to stay conscious.

"Amal"? He called her in a soft tone but she didn't respond so he shook her a little in his arms.She was too still and his heart missed a beat.

"Amal ,hey" He spoke in her ear lightly not feeling any hate towards her and heard her weak reply.

"Hm"? Her eyes were closed and her hands were gripping his shirt in her hands tightly.Listening to her voice again made him release a breath of relief .

"They'll be here soon.Don't give up". He started shivering lightly too but he tried not to feel it much otherwise he knew she'll be dead .He tried not to lose it.

"Far,,jaad"? She whispered in his chest.Listening to his name coming out from her mouth made something tighten in his chest and he took a deep breath.

"Yes"?

"Can..can't ..bre..breath..I ..I am cold". Listening to her weak response he clutched her closer to his chest and rubbed her hands furiously.

"Amal,you are gonna be fine I promise.Just try to stay awake". He nuzzled his face in her neck in panic ,she was too weak to even move an inch .

When Farjaad thought that this will be the end for both of them he saw blinding yellow lights and a jeep heading straight towards them.

...............................................................................................................................

Groggily opening her eyes she found herself in a comfortable bed.White walls surrounded her and she slowly moved her head to the side to see her sister sleeping on the chair beside her bed.

She sat up slowly and rubbed her face with her hands.Looking confusedly at her surroundings she tried to think what happened.

As soon as she got out of her sleepy state flashes of what happened last night went through her mind making her body rigid.

She remembered being on Farjaad's lap and him trying desperately to save her life.She sat silently on bed as she remembered his touch ,his worry and her head rested upon his chest.

She sat numbly still thinking about the weak moment in shock when she was in her enemy's arms trying to find the little hope of life to live clutching his shirt.

Her shallow breathing made the beep of the defibrillator fast enough to wake Biya up and the last thing she saw was a doctor and some nurses running towards her as her head touched the pillow and darkness took over.