Chapter 27

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

Love

Hareem 

Smoking his lungs to the point of no return he looked at the nightly lit sky in amazement but his thoughts were far away tangled in someone else. Someone beautiful. someone naive, someone as crazy as he was. He thought about the few freckles on her skin, the face cut, the eyes, that smile, the way she scrunched her nose when she disliked something. God damn he was in love.

"Shit man". He mumbled to himself in disappointment and shook his head.

"Gaya beta Farjaad." He said while crushing the remaining cigarette under his shoe. He was obsessed with her. The way she held that long dupatta on her head. The colours she wore. The pastel ones. The way she smiles at something. He was a goner.

The soft ring of i phone tore through his thoughts and he took a deep breathe looking the gadget in annoyance as if it meddled with something so sacred.

"Hello?" he answered in a bored voice and almost yanked the phone away from his ear while listening to the loud shrill of the other person.

"Lala I miss you!!" Farjaad smiled listening to Hasan Affandi on the other end of the line. 

"What's up Hasan?" Putting the packet of cigarettes back in his pocket he scrached his stubble while holding the phone with the other hand.

"Kya what's up. Ap batain what's up. Shehzadi mani?" Hasan was the only one bold enough to talk to Farjaad about his personals other wise one look from him gave Hitler the shame in bulk. 

"Chup." Farjaad almost smiled at his question but Amal was too personal to him. He did not want to share anything related to her with anyone except for himself . The rustling on the other side got more prominent as he tried to listen to the oth furrowing his brows.

"Phone de mujhay Hasan." Farjaad heard Hunain hollering in the background and rolled his eyes at his brothers antics. He was sure they were wrestling with each other for the phone.

"No, mein pehlay baat karunga lala se, lala batain bhabi mani ya kuch karun mein help."

"Nahi bhai shukriya teri help se behtar hai mein kuch na karun." Farjaad tried to ruffle Hasan's feathers a bit.

"Waisay hi breakup hua wa hai aisa na ho baji zindagi bhar shakal dekhnay se inkaar kardain teri help k baad." Hunain butted again and Hasan mumbled Harami at him.

"Lala mein bata raha hoon ap aj kal kk dramon k toxic hero ki tarha dhamki laga dain bhabi ko, keh dain k mein utha k le jaonga." Farjaad smiled this time hugely at his brother and shook his head.

"No thank you Hasan, you tell me, all good there?" FArjaad started pacing on the long footpath.

"Han yahan mein hoon, yahan kaisay kuch ghalat ho sakta hai lala." The obviousness in Hasan's tone made Farjaad and Hunain chuckle together.

"Mein ajaonga bas kuch time aur. Tum ne kuch productive kiya ya sirf sab ka jeena haram kiya hua hai?" Farjaad asked and it was Hasan's turn to be astonished at his comment. Offended he smacked Hunain's forehead and said.

"Haww bachay pe itna ganda ilzam lala, iss ghar mae mein na hon tou sab bore hojain." He replied pissed at his brothers.

"Han bara entertainer hai na tu joker". Hunain smacked his head in return. 

"Guys.... I took her passport." Farjaad said after a pregnant pause and they both stilled for a few seconds.

"Hain?" He heard hasan's screech and then a loud laugh on the other end of the line.

"Ye dekho, tu mujhay entertainer keh raha tha, ye John Travolta k potay ne John Cena bantay huay larki ka passport hi ura liya hahahah. Wah bhai, total toxic desi hero vibes." He laughed loudly again.

"Ab goals mat kehna warna mein ulti kardunga." Hunain said making a face and this time Farjaad openly laughed. 

" Passport dude, seriously?" Hunain asked this time trying to sound serious and Farjaad nodded as if they can see him on a voice call.

"Yeah, I had to go to the last resort to take her back with me. This silence and solitude right now is not good for her. She needs someone to talk to. I dont care if she hits me with anything either. She should take this anger out on me. It's my mistake, she should not bear the burden of it." He exhaled silently while his eyes were stuck to the light traffic on the road. 

"Guldan maar daingi baji iss dafa phir se." Hasan said thinking about the previous encounter Farjaad had with Amal. 

"Tujhay kisnay bataya." Farjaad furrowed his eyebrows and heard a blunt response.

"Ap k farishton ne, ap k kandhay pe beth k news nashar ki thi k aj shahzaday gulfam pit k ai hain." Hasan never thought before releasing his wild tongue in leashing whatever came to his mind.

'"Hunain tu ne bataya hai?" Farjaad asked angrily this time and Hunain gulped.

"I swear he was pestering me about it for hours." Hunain's defense was weak and Farjaad wanted to shoot his brother.

"Kyun mein soteli beti hoon kya jo mujh se chupain gy ap dono." In an offending tone Hasan took the phone again from Hunain.

"Sudhar jao Hasan tum." Farjaad and Hunain said together shaking their heads.

"Sudhrain meray dushman." Hasan mumbled while disconnecting the line and Farjaad smiled softly putting his phone in his pocket turning back to go inside the house while shutting the door behind him .