☰06- THE BATTLE IN NEW YORK

I stared up at the hole that grew in the sky, a slight bit of panic started in my body causing my hands to shake a bit and me to nervously bite my lip.
   I watched the aliens pouring out of it. I can do something. I thought to myself as I ran and started falling but I quickly teleported closer to the portal, still falling, I used an energy blast to destroy the robot-alien things and then I blocked the opening with a force field. They hit the force field with their own blasts trying to break through. I looked down to see that multiple had already gotten out and started their attack over the city.

   I teleported again, putting a force field under my feet to keep me in the air. I looked down again, watching the platform glitch, my body starting to react.
   I watched as Tony flew up attacking a few that got out as well.

"Amelia, let go and get somewhere safe." Tony says. "Your illusion is coming off."
I stayed, ignoring him. "I thought you didn't want to be a weapon."

I look at him, the suit flying next to me, I really couldn't hold it even if I wanted to so I huffed and let the force field go. I let myself fall but shot blasts to hit the Chitauri aliens. A wave of them being destroyed and I smirked.

   I teleported into the building, watching as they terrorized the city. I was already feeling tired and weak but I knew I still should try helping. I was going to go out through the balcony area but that's were Thor and Loki were fighting so I teleported onto the roof, ignoring the actual machine that couldn't be destroyed.

   I opened a few portals and used vines to pull some Chitauri through, sending them to a fire dimension. I pulled apart others so they fell but I stopped and looked up as a giant thing came out of the wormhole, releasing more of the aliens. Seriously?!

I looked down at the streets and decided that I really needed to help. I teleported off of the building, using any part of the trees to fight any off or move civilians out of the way.

"Mel."

"I got this." I say. "I'll be further out so we know we have all of them. You make sure the others help out here and stop the Tesseract."

"No, go."

"Don't worry." I smiled and teleported further away. "No one will know it's me."

"This isn't up for debate."

"I know, so I'll be safe." I say and teleport into the street.

   "Amelia! You're nine years old, this isn't your fight!"

   "Eleven!" I had put a force field over some civilians as pieces of a building fell over them.

   I ran out and directed blasts of energy in the Chitauri's direction watching them all get hit. I teleported to dodge hits but I grew really tired after a few minutes of fighting.
I ducked down behind a car listening, no one was around anymore at least I couldn't hear them so it was safer than before. I closed my eyes to calm down and relax.

"IVAA, status report."

'Energy levels down to 25%. I suggest you take shelter now, Amelia. Mr. Stark is right, you're not ready for a battle this big.'

I look up at the squadrons that were coming out of the wormhole. I got up, picking up a broken twig and teleporting onto the creature. I grew the vines over it and pulled at it so I was able to control it. I was making it fly upwards to avoid any more damage to the buildings.

   "J."

   "Yeah, Stark." I struggled.

   "How are you holding up?"