☰73- NO FULL TEAMS?

[SOMEWHERE IN SPACE]

   I teleported to dad and almost fell off the ledge he had been standing on, but he caught me and pulled me back up.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He whisper-yelled.

"Update." I smile. "Vision's gonna become his own person then we'll destroy the Mind Stone so Gimace can't get it."
He looks at me confused because that didn't tell him why I was back. "Oh, I saw what was happening to the Wizard down there." I crouch down and look over the ledge.

The cape comes and taps dad, scaring him but he stops himself before shooting the harmless magical fabric. "Wow, you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?"

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty." Spidey comes upside down on his web.

He jumps down as dad looks at him. "What the—"

"I-I know what you're going to say—"

"You should not be here."

"I was gonna go home—"

"I don't want to hear it."

"But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way and kinda stuck to the side of the ship."

"And now I gotta hear it."

"And this suit is ridiculously intuitive by the way. So." They bantered.

"God damn it."

"So, if anything, it's kind of your fault that I'm here." Dad looks at him with wide eyes.

I slightly cringed and I shook my head in disapproval of his words. I mean who says that?

"What did you just say?"

"I take that back." Peter quickly tells him. "And now I'm here in space."

"Yeah, right, where I didn't want you to be." Dad walked up to him. "This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. This is a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend you thought this through."

"No, I did think it through." Peter tells him. "I did think this through!"

"I know you didn't. You could not have possibly thought this through."

"You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there's no neighborhood." They look at each other. "Okay, that didn't really make sense but you know what I'm trying to say."

Dad looked at him, then to me. I shake my head. "You're not grouping me up with him. Dad?!"

"Two peas in a pod."

"I actually have a way to escape, I can always leave." I say and shake Peter by his shoulders. "He can't even turn tiny like Scott and sneak out."

"I..." He looked at me and nodded before turning to dad. "She's right."

He looked between both of us and then looked away, Peter and I glanced at each other and I shrugged, letting go of him.

"Come on, we got a situation." Dad said and we looked over the ledge. "See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go."

"Okay, okay... uhm.." Peter looks at him and stands up. "Okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?"

Dad and I look at him, with the same look but then I think about the movie. "God, it might actually work." I look at Peter.

↠ ↠ ↠

Peter explained the plan to us and I teleport down, behind the towering wall.